Nightengale: Sox have clubhouse issues

chw42

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ah Steve Stone, the best water carrier for the organization.   Spends his off-screen time fighting with randos on Twitter and standing up for the organization against "rumors" by guys who probably got this info from people above his paygrade.  

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't disagree with your general premise, but you're giving a lot of credit to a mouthpiece. Pretending that Nightengale "validated" this leak before rolling with it is laughable.

You have zero idea what took place. Zero. 

You can laugh all you want, but I don't know who the source or sources are. What I do know is 1. Nightengale has been right on about the Sox way more than he's wrong 2. He's not running with this unless someone very high up told him it's accurate. 

Let's see if someone disputes it...I won't hold my breath. 

• Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

You have zero idea what took place. Zero. 

You can laugh all you want, but I don't know who the source or sources are. What I do know is 1. Nightengale has been right on about the Sox way more than he's wrong 2. He's not running with this unless someone very high up told him it's accurate. 

Let's see if someone disputes it...I won't hold my breath. 

Name a bigger rivalry than Ray Ray and unverified baseball sources

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Dude, the Sox are WAY better on paper than both of those teams. Way better.

There was a reason they were universally considered to run away with this division. Hell, even when they were multiple games back they were still the betting favorites to win the division.

Of course, by that argument, the Twins were at least the co-favorite coming into 2021 based on the results of the 2 previous seasons.

The reason for this second part is 50% (at least) based on how the schedule is laid out.  Certainly not how well the Sox are playing against the Central.

Bob on the Score right now. 

He says his source is from Sox players and opposing players. 

Bob says there's a lack of urgency on the team with players not stepping up to push other guys to play better. Lists Atlanta's team meeting as a turning point for that team. 

Edited by chw42

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bob said

• Tim and Jose should be the expected veteran leaders. Lynn may be the best leader if he wasn't a SP. :unsure:
  • Source for the story were players around the league who speak with Sox players, and actual Sox players.
  • The triple play was completely embarrassing, said a Sale or someone else would have torn things up after that. Also said these embarrassing incidents continue to happen with this team, which is true.
  • The games against the Orioles and Tigers were embarrassing.
  • There may be a serious discussion of giving Tony a FO role if they fail to make the playoffs.

Matt post interview speculates that Tony could be the source, to deflect blame on the players. Danny and Matt stated Bob could just be covering for Tony.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 2

Seems like Bob is putting the blame on the players. He says his source is from other players, but how often does Bob talk to individual players? You'd think most of a national writer's sources are FO guys and not necessarily players themselves. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Seems like Bob is putting the blame on the players. He says his source is from other players, but how often does Bob talk to individual players? You'd think most of a national writer's sources are FO guys and not necessarily players themselves. 

Right.  Sounded kind of like hearsay, but like we've all seen, this shouldn't really big a big surprise to anyone watching this team.  They've lacked killer instinct and the ability to string anything together. 

Bob also said TLR likely won't be manager next year if Sox miss playoffs,  but doesn't see him getting fired.  It'll be a "promotion" to FO or organization ambassador. 

Edited by ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Right.  Sounded kind of like hearsay, but like we've all seen, this shouldn't really big a big surprise to anyone watching this team.  They've lacked killer instinct and the ability to string anything together. 

Bob also said TLR likely won't be manager next year if Sox miss playoffs,  but doesn't see him getting fired.  It'll be a "promotion" to FO or organization ambassador. 

Hopefully it wouldn't be a FO position were he gets to make any important decisions. 

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bob says there's a lack of urgency on the team with players not stepping up to push other guys to play better. Lists Atlanta's team meeting as a turning point for that team. 

Players also make sense as they are probably fed up with the garbage and lack of leadership by the manager in the clubhouse.

18 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Bob said

• Tim and Jose should be the expected veteran leaders. Lynn may be the best leader if he wasn't a SP. :unsure:
  • Source for the story were players around the league who speak with Sox players, and actual Sox players.
  • The triple play was completely embarrassing, said a Sale or someone else would have torn things up after that. Also said these embarrassing incidents continue to happen with this team, which is true.
  • There may be a serious discussion of giving Tony a FO role if they fail to make the playoffs.

Matt post interview speculates that Tony could be the source, to deflect blame on the players. Danny and Matt stated Bob could just be covering for Tony.

You know those times where you really, really want to be wrong, but it just won't happen.

:crying

• TLR 2

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

For some reason...I really want it to be Leury.

A conversation between Trout and Leury at 2nd base

Trout: "dude why are you playing so much? You're hitting .190"

Leury: "idk man, I keep playing like horseshit and the manager keeps playing me. I even hit 3rd this year. I ain't ever hit 3rd before in my life!"

Edited by chw42

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Spiegel seems to think TLR planted this leak. He doesn't seem to believe that Bob got it from other players. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Bob said

Right, the LaRoche Sale teams were known for their rock solid leadership.

This whole report is dumb. Underachieving teams have bad chemistry, more at 11.