7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

The manager was forced on the GM why wouldn’t you buy for a second that any player TLR wants was forced on him as well?

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass which bad signings were Tony's and which bad signings were Hahn's. Both need to be fired now.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think they will continue to do just enough to give us faint hope.  Of course that is only because Minnesota just hasn't run away with it yet.  

Carrot and the stick, amirite?

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Martin did not pitch that bad.

He didn't. He's been a bright spot in a tough situation this season. Pretty much went from AA to the majors after his stuff ticked up. He's surely going to have growing pains as he continues to develop at the major league level, but at least he's a guy that has emerged.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Hahns payroll is that of the Guardians and Twins combined, hes done a terrible job even if some things were forced on him. 

No argument here.  I thought he was over his head in 2013 and my opinion has gotten only more steadfast.

32 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Martin did not pitch that bad.

If TLR would have intentionally walked Ramirez, this could have been 2-1.  Bieber was dealing but it is easier to  complete a game, when we don’t take pitches.  This team is hopeless. Doesn’t make adjustments.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I just.....don't see them winning the next 2.  But I love your optimism man.  This club I think has finally and officially slit the throat of mine.

Lol, thanks. It's becoming harder and harder even for me to find or say positive things about this team and this season. Since the overwhelming majority on here are deservingly right about the state of utterly miserable state of affairs with White Sox baseball in 2022 there ain't much to be positive about but I'm not throwing the towel in just yet. Perhaps in a couple of weeks I'll be joining the negativity club.

17 minutes ago, flavum said:

What we don’t want is them thinking they need to make a move that will put them in an even worse position for future seasons. This season is trash. Keep losing the next two weeks and make some trades for the future. 

I can see that viewpoint if the season is trash but there still is a lot of baseball to be played. I'm not saying the White Sox will all of a sudden turn the light switch on and go on a big run to make the playoffs but it is still possible, not probable of course but at least it is possible.