Sox/Indians (Guardians) GM2

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Joe Cowley coomented on WSCR before game 1 was done: "People don't understand what a circus that organization really is".

I beg to differ. We do know. But if we say it too often, that will mean we are not good White Sox fans.

• Like 3
  • TLR 3

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Joe Cowley commented on WSCR before game 1 was done: 'People don't understand what a circus that organization really is'.

There’s a level of circus that would still surprise me…Washington Football Team under Snyder or LA Clippers under Sterling or recent Chicago Hockey Team stuff would still surprise me. 

But then again that stuff is pretty much illegal. So I guess I’d still be surprised if we saw numerous criminal and civil harassment complaints?

• TLR 1

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There’s a level of circus that would still surprise me…Washington Football Team under Snyder or LA Clippers under Sterling or recent Chicago Hockey Team stuff would still surprise me. 

But then again that stuff is pretty much illegal. So I guess I’d still be surprised if we saw numerous criminal and civil harassment complaints?

Agreed, I'm not shocked at the sheer ineptitude, but it does seem like there's way more dysfunction and power struggle drama in the FO than I ever could have imagined. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not quite as simple as that since Beiber was throwing a massive amount of strikes. Either they swing early or fall behind in the count and hit with 2 strikes a lot. Maybe they could have got him up to 105 and faced Clase.

27 of those outs were yesterday so it isn’t all Bieber.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Haven't there been a couple lawsuits against the Sox recently? 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I think the team didn’t remember to play mightily to win the game so let’s try that again 

It will be interesting to see what kind of effort happens in game 2. I know I'm caring less and less.

9 minutes ago, Highland said:

It will be interesting to see what kind of effort happens in game 2. I know I'm caring less and less.

the players get paid to win or lose so they need to suck it up and go out and perform. it's not a rah rah sport which is why KW's "talk" yesterday seemed so stupid to me. It's a "keep an even keel" sport and other than Jose the Sox don't have many of those types. We have a bunch of headcases and our coaching stuff is out to lunch on how to get the most out of these guys.

As for the fans: good, I hope they are playing in front of 5K in August if they keep losing. Fuck ownership.

• Hawk 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

the players get paid to win or lose so they need to suck it up and go out and perform. it's not a rah rah sport which is why KW's "talk" yesterday seemed so stupid to me. It's a "keep an even keel" sport and other than Jose the Sox don't have many of those types. We have a bunch of headcases and our coaching stuff is out to lunch on how to get the most out of these guys.

As for the fans: good, I hope they are playing in front of 5K in August if they keep losing. Fuck ownership.

Did KW have another talk yesterday?  I know he had the one on Friday.

55 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I thought there was another one related to the treatment of a disabled bat boy in the minors but I could be mistaken. 

I think they fired the AAA manager under unknown circumstances and have covered up the reasons why?

7 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Did KW have another talk yesterday?  I know he had the one on Friday.

I don't know I'm not really paying that close of attention to be honest. The season is 50% over. Half the guys you figured you'd get 20 WAR out of you're gonna get 5 if you're luck. There's your 15 wins between 75 and 90 right there. Season's over unless half a dozen guys start playing better all at once without the bottom falling out elsewhere. Doesn't seem likely to me. Maybe 1/3 they make some noise and push for 88 wins. The other 2 times it's 75 to 82 wins.

• Like 1