Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

On 7/17/2022 at 8:11 AM, Colome's Hat said:

Menechino and Lynn.  To be quite honest, Menechino's firing is more important for me right now than getting rid of Tony.  The offense hits and a lot of this stuff about Tony becomes more irrelevant.

Plus ditch Boston and McEwing. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, Tnetennba said:

fail to pull pitchers when painfully obvious, play dudes out of position, stack the lineup in asinine ways, etc etc.

These are unfair critiques IMO. He usually pulls the pitchers right at 100 pitches and these guys usually get yanked in the sixth or fifth. That's on the pitchers. And it's not Tony's fault those relievers for the most part stink.

Stacking the lineup in asinine ways? I disagree, Most nights there have been four automatic outs or close to that in the lineup. That's a lot of automatic outs.

13 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Riordan is no longer my go to guy for Sox news. You’ve been promoted. Congrats.

Ha!  Well I hate to break it to you but I don’t know jack shit beyond reading the tea leaves. I wish the prognostication were true of course. 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, Tony said:

He has a shtick to keep up with. No matter what happens, for guys like @wrathofhahn, once he believes it, NOTHING will change his mind. Logic and facts be damned. 

You are right I saw the posts when he was hired why would I all of sudden believe that the very same people want him gone just purely for baseball reasons? 

And he hasn't been on the top of his game when it comes to lineups but the end of the day the season has been defined by hitters not hitting and injuries. I'd like him to stop doing the mad scientist thing with Lineups and just put in Engel in the outfield keep Abreu and Vaughn at 1B and DH. Alot of the lineup stuff is sort of trying to figure how to get sheets bat into the lineup which I don't understand because he is a terrible OF doesn't have the track record of success at the ML level and hasn't hit all year.

If you aren't going to get hitting from the RF spot at least get some defense. Put Engel there I know at times we have been without Roberts and Jiminez but in that case bring up someone or sign someone. Sheets has a .660 OPS and a -0.7 WAR you can't find a replacement level guy in the minors or the waiver wire? The rest of the guys who aren't hitting you just have to have them continue to play and hope they snap out of it. 

• TLR 1

4 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

You are right I saw the posts when he was hired why would I all of sudden believe that the very same people want him gone just purely for baseball reasons? 

And he hasn't been on the top of his game when it comes to lineups but the end of the day the season has been defined by hitters not hitting and injuries. I'd like him to stop doing the mad scientist thing with Lineups and just put in Engel in the outfield keep Abreu and Vaughn at 1B and DH. Alot of the lineup stuff is sort of trying to figure how to get sheets bat into the lineup which I don't understand because he is a terrible OF doesn't have the track record of success at the ML level and hasn't hit all year.

If you aren't going to get hitting from the RF spot at least get some defense. Put Engel there I know at times we have been without Roberts and Jiminez but in that case bring up someone or sign someone. Sheets has a .660 OPS and a -0.7 WAR you can't find a replacement level guy in the minors or the waiver wire? The rest of the guys who aren't hitting you just have to have them continue to play and hope they snap out of it. 

Its funny how when you point out all of his flaws it's just stating a fact.  However when you reviewed this thread of people stating all the same shit(admittedly with more frustration), your conclusion was that everyone here has some sort of political ax to grind 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kalapse said:

I mean the whole thing started with him getting busted for driving while intoxicated for at least the second time, that played a much bigger role in people hating him from the jump than his politics.

Unfortunately, I think anything not purely sports related is considered politics to some these days. All roads lead to "stick to sports and stop being woke" or something.

12 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Unfortunately, I think anything not purely sports related is considered politics to some these days. All roads lead to "stick to sports and stop being woke" or something.

And of course stay out of politics only applies when the poster complaining is offended by things that they don't agree with.

• 2 weeks later...