9/4 GT: Sox v. Twinkies - Holy Sh*t Boys, We’re onto Something

ChiSox59

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Gio cmon bro.  Seriously.  You’re the weak link.  Don’t be anymore

I said long ago that this teams success will hinge on Lynn and Giolito being healthy while returning to form.

Lynn has been trending that way but Gio… not so much.

So yes… We need Giolito to be Gileto instead of fucking embarrassing ass horse s%*#.

43 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I said long ago that this teams success will hinge on Lynn and Giolito being healthy while returning to form.

Lynn has been trending that way but Gio… not so much.

So yes… We need Giolito to be Gileto instead of fucking embarrassing ass horse s%*#.

LuPuss needs to become Lucas again

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I will not allow myself to be sucked back in until they're in 1st place by 2.0 games or more. 

They've been teasing us all season, let's hope this run is the real thing and continues to the end of the season, not saying win every game but if they win every series with maybe a sweep against the Tigers at home that should win the division.

• Like 2

Can someone explain why Joe Kelly pitched as the opener on Friday night, did they need someone to take a turn for Kopech?

Giolito needs to shut these guys down and get through 6 without giving up more than 3 runs. Hopefully that’s not too much to ask for since he has done it at times this year.

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Can someone explain why Joe Kelly pitched as the opener on Friday night, did they need someone to take a turn for Kopech?

Giolito needs to shut these guys down and get through 6 without giving up more than 3 runs. Hopefully that’s not too much to ask for since he has done it at times this year.

Hoping to have Kelly breeze through the first.......didnt happen.   That sounds like a Tony phone call move.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This reason doesn’t even make sense since he only pitched an inning anyway. Honestly, it made no sense to not have Davis Martin start that game. I mean, Joe Kelly against top of the Twins order: what could go wrong?

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Looks like I missed a great one last night. How has Romy looked lately? Good enough to decline the option on Harrison, save some money to spend elsewhere, and roll with Romy at 2B in (hopefully) the 9th spot next year?

Sox gotta go internal at 2B in 23. They have like half a dozen options there. And yes, Romy is looking good. He’s a ball player and we need more of those. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Looks like I missed a great one last night. How has Romy looked lately? Good enough to decline the option on Harrison, save some money to spend elsewhere, and roll with Romy at 2B in (hopefully) the 9th spot next year?

Will they actually use the $4M saved to improve the team elsewhere or is it going in JR’s personal expense account? I’d say that one of the young middle infielders would be fine, but they could always add a veteran like they did with Andrus if the young guy isn’t performing.

28 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This reason doesn’t even make sense since he only pitched an inning anyway. Honestly, it made no sense to not have Davis Martin start that game. I mean, Joe Kelly against top of the Twins order: what could go wrong?

Yeah I would have thought Davis Martin was who should have started. Maybe Kelly has been so ineffective in relief this year they thought trying him as a starter would make sense, even if he was just an opener?

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They were trying to find a role for Kelly besides batting practice. 

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Just the White Sox overthinking things and as usual they fucked it up every time they try to think out of the box.

Of course the Sox won that game so maybe it worked. Maybe if Martin started he doesn't pitch as well as he did after Kelly was gone. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I didn’t hate the opener idea. It was a really bad matchup on paper Gray v Martin. It was a bold choice, but I don’t hate it. 

Kelly is just an enigma and I don’t think they know what to do to get him out of his funk. Probably thought an easy first inning might help but that didn’t happen.

This bullpen scares me, though. Kinda reminds me of 2010 when Ozzie really had no one outside of Jenks as a consistent option. Difference was that team could score and we are going too have to do some of that, especially today I fear.

44 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just the White Sox overthinking things and as usual they fucked it up every time they try to think out of the box.

Of course the Sox won that game so maybe it worked. Maybe if Martin started he doesn't pitch as well as he did after Kelly was gone. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Kelly is the perfect DFA candidate next year if he sucks. Too bad Hahn needed all of the relievers.

If we get the sweaty pouting Giolito that gives up homers before he settles down, we only gonna need a touchdown and a field goal to hang.

Somebody has someone right where they want 'em, but I ain't sayin' who right now.

It's not too hot today, so the sweating might not be so bad.

As for the pouting, perhaps Katz can sing a couple verses of "just what makes that little old ant" to him before the game.

The pouty face is not a good look for him.

• Haha 1