Official NBA 22-23

3 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Absolutely absurd that fans booed Krause tonight.  That stuff happened 25 years ago and he’s passed away.  Embarrassing 

Fitting how the team played the best basketball of the year right before that and promptly played their worst quarter of the year right after.

• Like 1

Everyone else has already said it, but that's just disgusting.

Jordan needs to at least say something considering The Last Dance most likely reignited negative emotions towards Krause in the past few years.

2 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Absolutely absurd that fans booed Krause tonight.  That stuff happened 25 years ago and he’s passed away.  Embarrassing 

How does a decent human being do that? His poor wife. My God.  Ruined the whole ceremony. Can’t pin this one on JR. No class.

Edited by Dick Allen

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bulls-ring-of-honor-ceremony-gets-ugly-as-fans-loudly-boo-jerry-krause-in-front-of-his-widow-034405372.html

Neither Reinsdorf said a thing about the booing.  They have a closeup video of her facial expressions/reaction and someone trying to comfort her.

At least Kerr and King and DeRozan spoke up.

Jordan is going to have to address this issue and the three no shows as well.

Krause also worked for the White Sox as a scout in Brazil/Latin America near the of his public career.

Par for the course with the Reinsdorfs.

Bulls president and CEO Michael Reinsdorf addressed the situation in a statement to NBC Sports Chicago in which he lauded Krause as "an important part of our history."

"His legacy deserves to be celebrated and respected," Reinsdorf's statement read in part. "We were incredibly honored to have Thelma with us this evening to recognize Jerry as a member of the inaugural Chicago Bulls Ring of Honor."

Not nearly good enough…

Espn.com

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2024/1/12/24036676/bulls-ring-of-honor-ceremony-misses-michael-jordan-scottie-pippen-dennis-rodman

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Bulls fans showed last night they deserve a Reinsdorf ownership. My mind was blown. I bet there are thousands who were proud they made his widow cry. 

I kind of disagree that we deserve it only in the sense that it was at Reinsdorfs behest that Krause became a super villain in this city.  however, last night was beyond the pale

How many times has reinsdorf been in the athletic over the last three years for totally embarrassing s%*# that really has nothing to do with a sport.  Just take your money and go, sir.  We are done here 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Everyone else has already said it, but that's just disgusting.

Jordan needs to at least say something considering The Last Dance most likely reignited negative emotions towards Krause in the past few years.

He's a fucking asshole. He won't say a thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do agree with Parkins that if you are a fan in the 300 level, the idea that you knew his widow was there is kinda ridiculous. Should you boo? No. Personally I’m a Krause fan and yes, it was all JRs fault because of his sick view of management v labor.

But how you can work for the bulls putting this together and NOT realize there would be boos is ridiculous. Last dance didn’t create this animosity, the idea that Krause broke up the bulls because he thought he was smarter than everyone was absolute canon.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I do agree with Parkins that if you are a fan in the 300 level, the idea that you knew his widow was there is kinda ridiculous. Should you boo? No. Personally I’m a Krause fan and yes, it was all JRs fault because of his sick view of management v labor.

But how you can work for the bulls putting this together and NOT realize there would be boos is ridiculous. Last dance didn’t create this animosity, the idea that Krause broke up the bulls because he thought he was smarter than everyone was absolute canon.

Steve Rosenbloom blamed the clueless Bulls as well.  Reinsdorf must hire the dumbest PR people for both of his teams.  How often has Krause been booed over the years that they should have expected it and known better?

• Like 1

Despicable Chicago crowd behavior a byproduct of hubris and Michael Jordan's immense popularity and pettiness...

https://sports.yahoo.com/despicable-chicago-crowd-behavior-a-byproduct-of-hubris-and-michael-jordans-immense-popularity-and-pettiness-205854522.html

About as tone deaf as Clevinger signing last year...and everything's that has gone wrong with his other franchise since TLR and Kimbrel in 2021.

Edited by caulfield12

I dislike Krause, instead of building harmony in that team, he made it dysfunctional and they succeeded despite of him. Still, I wouldn't have booed, especially towards his widow that had nothing to do with his dumb decisions.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Steve Rosenbloom blamed the clueless Bulls as well.  Reinsdorf must hire the dumbest PR people for both of his teams.  How often has Krause been booed over the years that they should have expected it and known better?

JR has been a media consultant short of knowing how to deal with people for 40 years,  Why change now?

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I dislike Krause, instead of building harmony in that team, he made it dysfunctional and they succeeded despite of him. Still, I wouldn't have booed, especially towards his widow that had nothing to do with his dumb decisions.

He made every single decision building those teams aside from drafting  Jordan. If Michael had his way, they would have kept Oakley, not hired Phil and not drafted Kukoc. Krause may have been an ass, but give credit where it's due.

My opinion of Jordan couldn't be any lower. He's flat out a terrible human being and his relationship with his ex teammates is petty and pathetic for someone of his stature.

Edited by TaylorStSox

They should have been booing Uncle Jerry, not Krause. 

But I think this is because of the state of Chicago sports in general, this city is tired of losing and frustrations boiled over in our own Philadelphia moment. 

Not that it's any excuse. 

Everyone hates on Krause for what he did, but Jordan was 37, so was Rodman and Pippen was 33. 

They were old. It was time. 

They got high picks during some terrible drafts. 

Krause is probably the single greatest executive in Chicago history. He might have been an asshole, but that doesn't take away what he accomplished with the Bulls. 

Stan Bowman is the one with a large amount of success that deserves that kind of reaction. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Like 1

The idea of booing Krause as well when you really break it down is so stupid. 

He was the GM of the 6 titles and the supporting casts around 23 and 33 were totally different for the 3Peats.

Even if he did break up the core too early (which is highly debatable) you’re booing that fact over cheering for the 6 titles? How are those remotely equal, let alone deciding to boo instead of just shutting the f*** up if you didn’t like Krause. It doesn’t make any sense