Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version

Heads22

I wasn’t surprised Lynn has the third worst fWAR (0.2) among MLB qualified starters.

I was surprised Lynn has the best FIP (4.13) among White Sox starters. Perhaps he can change his routine to have a better start, as the first inning has been his Kryptonite this season.

No White Sox hitter has previously faced Mariners RH starter Bryce Miller, which is usually a sign of trouble. 

Would like to see this lineup today:

1. LF Benintendi L
  2. CF Robert Jr. R
  3. DH Sheets L
  4. RF Jimenez R
  5.  C Grandal S
  6. 1B Vaughn R
  7. 3B Burger R
  8. SS Anderson R
  9. 2B Remillard R

Reserves: Andrus (Infield); Frazier (OF); Zavala (Catcher).

Injured: Gonzalez.

Let Anderson stay in the bottom vs. RHS until he can consistently play to his career form. Less pressure for Jake and Remillard as well.

Hoping Luis can wait until the Texas series for a day off, really hate Frazier in CF especially on the road. Hope Hamilton can hit even a little to serve as 26th man. Luis is going to break down if he doesn’t get more than a game or two off each month. 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Remillard should retire. His career has peeked. Batting 1.000, driving in the tying run then the winning  run……call it a career. It’s downhill from here.

when they changed Fraziers stance it looked like they may have found something. Now it looks like he will be DFAd when they deem Billy good to go.

Edited by Dick Allen

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Remillard should retire. His career has peeked. Batting 1.000, driving in the tying run then the winning  run……call it a career. It’s downhill from here.

when they changed Fraziers stance it looked like they may have found something. Now it looks like he will be DFAd when they deem Billy good to go.

I know you're being facetious, but imagine if Remillard has a amazing 2023 finish and then continues to sustain a nice 5-6 year career that started at 29. We're talking the next  "The Rookie" movie. 😁

• Love 1

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I wasn’t surprised Lynn has the third worst fWAR (0.2) among MLB qualified starters.

I was surprised Lynn has the best FIP (4.13) among White Sox starters. Perhaps he can change his routine to have a better start, as the first inning has been his Kryptonite this season.

No White Sox hitter has previously faced Mariners RH starter Bryce Miller, which is usually a sign of trouble. 

1. LF Benintendi L
  2. CF Robert Jr. R
  3. DH Sheets L
  4. RF Jimenez R
  5.  C Grandal S
  6. 1B Vaughn R
  7. 3B Burger R
  8. SS Anderson R
  9. 2B Remillard R

Let Anderson stay in the bottom vs. RHS until he can consistently play to his career form. Less pressure for Jake and Remillard as well.

Hoping Luis can wait until the Texas series for a day off, really hate Frazier in CF especially on the road. Hope Hamilton can hit even a little to serve as 26th man. Luis is going to break down if he doesn’t get more than a game or two off each month. 

You're right about Hamilton needs come back and be able to contribute offensively, besides his ability to come in and pinch run or play center in the last inning. Robert will need rest as the season goes on.

If Hahn and Pedro were smart, they should have Hamilton in Charlotte working daily on being extremely proficient at bunting. Hell, even learn to crowd the plate and get hit by the pitcher. Once Hamilton is on with these new rules of bigger bags and pitcher disengagement, he could swipe second and third every time he got on. 

I also like TA and Remi at the bottom. If they can get on, now you have the top of the order...that could be something big.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

1. LF Benintendi L
  2. CF Robert Jr. R
  3. DH Sheets L
  4. RF Jimenez R
  5.  C Grandal S
  6. 1B Vaughn R
  7. 3B Burger R
  8. SS Anderson R
  9. 2B Remillard R

I wonder what the Sox record is the last few years playing against a pitcher they never saw before? I'm sure it's really bad. 

• Hawk 1

54 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I was excited to see Frazier make solid contact and show patience at the plate for a bit. Now he can't hit fastballs.

• Hawk 1

54 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You're right about Hamilton needs come back and be able to contribute offensively, besides his ability to come in and pinch run or play center in the last inning. Robert will need rest as the season goes on.

If Hahn and Pedro were smart, they should have Hamilton in Charlotte working daily on being extremely proficient at bunting. Hell, even learn to crowd the plate and get hit by the pitcher. Once Hamilton is on with these new rules of bigger bags and pitcher disengagement, he could swipe second and third every time he got on. 

I also like TA and Remi at the bottom. If they can get on, now you have the top of the order...that could be something big.

Back when Billy was a regular player the Reds worked long and hard with him on bunting.  He's as bad of a buntet as he is a hitter.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

That would be a waste . Hamilton has no future as likable as he is accept as a coach. Frazier probably doesnt either but better than Hamilton's in all likelihood.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Billy was outrighted

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That would be a waste . Hamilton has no future as likable as he is accept as a coach. Frazier probably doesnt either but better than Hamilton's in all likelihood.

Have him replace Boston as 1b, outfield, and base running coach.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Billy was outrighted

I know. I still don’t think the roster is at 40. Chances are, unless Frazier starts showing something, they bring Billy back IMO, if only to hang out, run, and play the OF late.

I had hoped that the work they did with Frazier lit a bulb. He was once a really nice looking prospect, and has had some major league success. But he doesn’t appear to be a guy who can handle sporadic ABs, and probably isn’t good enough to be a regular. I do think finding him playing time over Billy could help the Sox in the long run if he can turn a corner, but it probably won’t happen and Sox brass still thinks they have a good team.

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who is going to start on Monday night? Honest question. Scholtens seems unlikely since he’s pitched Friday and Saturday, and an opener also seems like a poor choice considering recent pen usage. 

Nate Fisher possibly? There isn't a viable starter (literally) elsewhere on the 40-man so it's either a bullpen game or someone's being added to the 40.

36 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Several of the Mariners best relievers are likely unavailable today. This is a game the Sox should be able to steal.

Bryce Miller is one of the 3 successful rookie SP Millers, and he's been pretty good. Texas and the Yankees both got him, everyone else, pretty much no. When it comes to the Sox scoring runs, I take the under.