Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Angels no. 2 and 3 prospects: Nice.

Not so nice: Can Sox develop them? Did the Sox get enough? I'd have demanded one more body at least. Now I know the two Sox pitchers reek many times but they are 'name' players.

Not a negative Nancy but Angels win this trade cause we needed one more prospect to be called winners. Quero is 5-11, 170. Grandal is 6-2; Sal Perez 6-3. Our two new players definitely will advance to the majors which is a positive. See how they do when they get there.

Wish we got a taller catcher was also my first reaction

"Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50 | Overall: 55

Signed for $200,000 in February 2021, Quero has gone from Cuban U-15 standout in 2018 to top catching prospect in a hurry. Because he was almost 18 when he signed, he skipped over the Dominican Summer League and made his pro debut in the Arizona Complex League in 2021, playing well enough to get bumped up to full-season ball. He spent the 2022 season with Single-A Inland Empire and took home California League MVP honors after posting a .965 OPS.

A switch-hitter with more power from the left side of the plate, Quero barrels up the ball consistently from both sides. He has an advanced approach with excellent plate discipline, drawing a ton of walks in the early stages of his pro career. He has the chance to be at least an above-average hitter when all is said and done, and his ability to tap into his raw pop took a nice step forward in 2022, with more over-the-fence ability to come as he continues to figure out when to attack pitches in the zone.

Quero moves well behind the plate and has a solid arm, but there’s still work to be done on other facets of his defensive game, from his receiving to his game-calling. He’ll be just 20 for all of the 2023 season, leaving the Angels optimistic those skills will sharpen, giving them a potential big league starting catcher as a result."

mlb.com scouting system report

#9 ranked catcher in the minors currently

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I'm sorry but as long as RH is making these deals I will have no faith in them working out. He should have been fired after last season and for sure fired at the all star break. The fact he is still employed and making these deals tells you he will indeed be back next season.

Is what it is.  

• Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

• Quin changed the title to Giolito & Reynaldo to LAA. Update: Angels put on waivers
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic