Riordan: Physical altercation between TA and Grandal before AS break

GGajewski18

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Ah Shane Riordan, the Uber hipster that refers to people as virgins, all while not getting laid

The White Sox are a mess but I tend to believe Yazmani over anything Riordan has to say. He is a full fledged drama queen

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Part of being a good modern 21st century org is also figuring out how the f*** you integrate every highly paid asset's personality into your club. 

This is another thing the Sox blow chunks at. We've had so many guys b**** and moan while here, and while each individual case is different we've had so many consecutively that it's a pattern beyond the individuals it's an org wide failing to keep our guys happy and content. 

Not one single racial or ethnic group either. Pretty much all 'em have had beef with the Sox or beef with a team mate or beef with showing up and doing their job. We've got Sale tearing up jerseys, we've got TA moping, Kopech getting into it with fans, Moncada half assing it and frequently forgetting the situation, or Eloy, or the list goes on and on.

Hire some damn performance experts!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Part of being a good modern 21st century org is also figuring out how the f*** you integrate every highly paid asset's personality into your club. 

This is another thing the Sox blow chunks at. We've had so many guys b**** and moan while here, and while each individual case is different we've had so many consecutively that it's a pattern beyond the individuals it's an org wide failing to keep our guys happy and content. 

Not one single racial or ethnic group either. Pretty much all 'em have had beef with the Sox or beef with a team mate or beef with showing up and doing their job. We've got Sale tearing up jerseys, we've got TA moping, Kopech getting into it with fans, Moncada half assing it and frequently forgetting the situation, or Eloy, or the list goes on and on.

Hire some damn performance experts!

To be honest, if I was drafted or traded to this organization, to work for Jerry and his cronies, I'd look for the first escape route.

If a free agent, would tell my agent only if I have no other options.

My take since the mid 1980s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Jeez talk about kicking someone when they're down...Being a White Sox fan is bad enough and then you have to remind everyone about Trestman lol.

He wasn't any worse than Broncos coach last year.

3 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

How is Jesse Rogers full of s%*#? He reported the Middleton story and Middleton didn’t back down from it standing his ground?

Exactly and Middleton doubled down on his comments tonight, he didn't back away from them.

No one really knows what happened. So much negative stuff being posted and it’s just speculation. Rick Hahn agreed there was a negative vibe and leaders who they expected to lead didn’t step up. I believe some of them are gone. It will be an interesting off season. 

• Hawk 1

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

No one really knows what happened. So much negative stuff being posted and it’s just speculation. Rick Hahn agreed there was a negative vibe and leaders who they expected to lead didn’t step up. I believe some of them are gone. It will be an interesting off season. 

Stop carrying water for the org.  Rick Hahn will agree with anything that paints him in any light besides incompetent.  The reason these people were traded was due to the fact that they had expiring contracts.  Lets not act like this was some sort of forward movement to save the clubhouse when it was to extract value from diminishing resources in a lost year.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Stop carrying water for the org.  Rick Hahn will agree with anything that paints him in any light besides incompetent.  The reason these people were traded was due to the fact that they had expiring contracts.  Lets not act like this was some sort of forward movement to save the clubhouse when it was to extract value from diminishing resources in a lost year.  

Burger being the one at fault here makes absolutely zero sense...he's the only longer term guy traded.

Grandahl seemed ready to defend his teammates, including TA, in the Guardians brawl. 

But hey, to be a real fan means to grab the worse possible angle and believe it. If a Yankee player talks s%*# about the club, believe him without question. Otherwise you're just carrying water for the organization. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Did anyone hear the original Jesse Rogers report that talked about TA? Because the only thing I"ve seen is from aggregator Daniel Greenberg...who sucks.

These media members just care about ratings. I highly doubt they vet any of their sources, they run with it.

They know people will believe anything during a crisis because it was broadcast to thousands or millions of people makes it truth.

If you try to make any sense of any of it you can't just based on who you believe it ends up being biased any way you look at it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ptatc said:

I disagree. In the clubhouses I've been in the GMs ways had a spy (Boston) and they knew exactly what was happening. In today's game the GMs have even more influence. 

You can disagree and that's your prerogative, but the manager and his coaches control the clubhouse and dugout culture and chemistry.

If you go to a wining team with a strong culture vs the Sox culture which is toxic and cancerous, you will find the strong clubhouses are created by a manager with his leadership and discipline skills. Those strong winning managers establish clearly defined rules and procedures. The manager and coaches then also inspect and follow-up to enforce their rules and procedures, making sure they are being followed.

The only value and it's an important value the GM brings to the team for the clubhouse culture, is when he drafts the right players that possess a great attitude, work ethic, leadership skills and/or are great followers and teammates, because they care and want to do the right things to make themselves and the team better. 

Hahn has failed miserably by not putting that type of roster together that would have the right leaders and self motivated players. However Grifol has also failed badly because he didn't set the right rules, procedures and accountability for this bad team.

I assure you if Terry Francona, Dave Roberts or Bruce Bochy had this team from the start, it may not have a lot more wins, but it would be a team with rules, discipline and accountability or their would be consequences. 

Tell me where there was a press conference like yesterday on the teams like the Dodgers, Rangers, Rays or Guardians where the manager, GM and players have been seriously questioned by ex-players for a toxic culture?

Please enough of this defending Grifol and making excuses for him.

• Like 1