KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

13 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The funny thing is that everyone over on r/baseball loves that 2005 team, except Sox fans. We have the shittiest fanbase in baseball.

That 04 team would've gone to the playoffs had Maggs and frank stayed healthy, and in most years the 06 team would've gone too. The central was actually at its strongest then. That was a good team which peaked in 05, not the fluke a lot of people think. 

• Like 2

Still not buying Hahn ever getting another GM job.

He'll land on his feet somewhere, surely.

Has those three alumni networks to rely upon and KW's glowing compliments about his intellect...not unlike when he said Robin Ventura could lead the US Army or a Fortune 500 company or words to that effect.

All the comments coming out about Jeremy Haber being another version of Jonah Hill in Moneyball just back up the idea of Hahn never having the slightest bit of pure scouting instincts in his bones.

Who needs a 190 page binder on Pedro Grifol to realize he's not THE ONE?

Even Dayton Moore was an instinctive enough leader to cut Pedro loose from his organization...

Guess we next need to ask Luis Robert if he knows who Haber or Getz actually are and what their respective roles are with the team...

10 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

IMG-20230823-105203.jpg

The recent Kenny news and this is making me hate Hahn less. I always wondered why someone would subject themselves to being a puppet for the higher ups, but i never considered the fact that JR was holding him hostage. Tough spot to be in if you are Hahn.
Hopefully Hahn leaks some information, im sure there is a lot, lot more.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Still not buying Hahn ever getting another GM job.

He'll land on his feet somewhere, surely.

Has those three alumni networks to rely upon and KW's glowing compliments about his intellect...not unlike when he said Robin Ventura could lead the US Army or a Fortune 500 company or words to that effect.

All the comments coming out about Jeremy Haber being another version of Jonah Hill in Moneyball just back up the idea of Hahn never having the slightest bit of pure scouting instincts in his bones.

Who needs a 190 page binder on Pedro Grifol to realize he's not THE ONE?

Even Dayton Moore was an instinctive enough leader to cut Pedro loose from his organization...

Guess we next need to ask Luis Robert if he knows who Haber or Getz actually are and what their respective roles are with the team...

Who is saying that Hahn is going to get another GM job?

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

The recent Kenny news and this is making me hate Hahn less. I always wondered why someone would subject themselves to being a puppet for the higher ups, but i never considered the fact that JR was holding him hostage. Tough spot to be in if you are Hahn.

The problem is all leaks are going to be from a disgruntled perspective going forward 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

IMG-20230823-105203.jpg

The rubber will meet the road if anyone offers him another GM job.

MLB Teams worse than Rick Hahn (2013 - August 21, 2023)

• 26. .456 749-893 Rick Hahn 
  • 27. .456 748-894 Colorado Rockies (1 GB)
  • 28. .455 748-895 Cincinnati Reds (1 1/2 GB)
  • 29. .453 744-899 Detroit Tigers (5 1/2 GB)
  • 30. .437 717-925 Miami Marlins (32 GB)
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I've always believed Kenny being a smug selfish Son of a b****. I'm not defending Hahn but I truly believe he was hand tied. I really do hope  he spills his guts. 

I don't buy the Rick Hahn resigning stuff.  Did this start after TLR was hired or was this before when KW was stepping on him for the 9 years prior.  If this was over the last two years, I give JR credit, Hahn made this mess and in the end both he and KW were held accountable.  If Hahn resigns after last year he can blame it on TLR and moves he was not allowed to make and 2020 and 2021 were just the beginning.

After this season he isn't getting a GM job again any time soon and may not get a job in baseball at all.

Why didn't either resign or agree to resign at the end of this season when they could leave gracefully.  They are both fired rather publicly in the dog days of summer when the baseball news cycle can use a little heat. 

This doesn't add up.  If KW is the man in charge why isn't he just pushed aside then Hahn can take over?  If Hahn wanted a another job why not look for one and not hang around answering to KW for 12 years.

They were both fired mid season after all of the years together.  I would have thought KW would have at least gotten the John Paxson treatment or retired. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If Rick Hahn was really against the hiring of TLR, and JR wouldn't let him resign, then he should have told JR that he'd publicly bash TLR, make him look bad, and force JR to fire him.

Yeah but Rick probably wants to work again and pissing off one of the 500 most powerful people in America probably isn't the wisest move

29 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'd think that letting the other 29 teams know you thought hiring TLR was a stupid idea would help

sure but that's why you let Kaplan talk for you, optics is everything for these high profile industry positions

there are certain things you can't say/do, that's all

how many people at that level have you seen rip JR publicly? there's a reason

44 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If Rick Hahn was really against the hiring of TLR, and JR wouldn't let him resign, then he should have told JR that he'd publicly bash TLR, make him look bad, and force JR to fire him.

While I would like to think that yes I would be bold enough to do and say things like this, I would have to say that when the time came it would be a bit different staring down the owner of billion dollar franchise and drafted my contract 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Who is saying that Hahn is going to get another GM job?

I said Hahn would easily get another front office job (since they all seem to end up as special assts even when bad) and caulfield took that as GM and even though he was corrected he never stopped saying it because it lets him make a list of the worst GMs who got a second run.

• Haha 1