After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

I really can't get over how pwn3d i am.

Literally kept thinking how much an internal hire or moore would be the worst case scenario and it's Moore AND getz. LMAO. 10/10, no notes.

Add in that I was pining for someone with a braves background.Ā 

Truly you couldn't get more cursed monkey paw.

DId you forget to add that TLR is back?

8 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I don't really believe this.

Aside from just, not wanting to believe it...what evidence is there to tell you any of Bob's article is false? He was the ONLY one to bring up LaRussa being a potential option for the Sox as manager after Ricky, we all said he was crazy, and then it happened.Ā 

His article gets into detail about how Kenny and Rick were both let go, speaks on Tony being involved with Jerry and Pedro, and uses strong wording to state Getz is by far the favorite right now. You think his source is Rick or Kenny? Come on, Bob is smarter than that. He clearly spoke to Jerry yesterday.Ā 

Just now, Tony said:

Aside from just, not wanting to believe it...what evidence is there to tell you any of Bob's article is false? He was the ONLY one to bring up LaRussa being a potential option for the Sox as manager after Ricky, we all said he was crazy, and then it happened.Ā 

His article gets into detail about how Kenny and Rick were both let go, speaks on Tony being involved with Jerry and Pedro, and uses strong wording to state Getz is by far the favorite right now. You think his source is Rick or Kenny? Come on, Bob is smarter than that. He clearly spoke to Jerry yesterday.Ā 

Yeah, Bob wouldnā€™t miss by this much with the Sox

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Not sure Boob is smarter than that. Hahn had been in the press since the second he let go to anyone who will listen. Again though not really putting it by the Sox to hire Getz.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Not sure Boob is smarter than that. Hahn had been in the press since the second he let go to anyone who will listen. Again though not really putting it by the Sox to hire Getz.

Maybe Hahn is worried that JR is going to f*** it up and decided his last service to the franchise is to leak the stupid plans in hopes of triggering a big enough fan reaction to stop it

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

What has Bob been wrong about in his reporting on the Sox the last 5 years?

I can tell you what he's been right about, I don't remember what he's gotten wrong. You tell meĀ 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

What has Bob been wrong about in his reporting on the Sox the last 5 years?

I can tell you what he's been right about, I don't remember what he's gotten wrong. You tell meĀ 

The one big embarrassing one was when he said Escobar was on his way via trade. Ā But even Ozzie this morning said he doesnā€™t know who Bob is talking to but his info is always right

21 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't recall ever saying thisĀ 

My bad, I was skipping around. I'll listen to it again and edit the post. Someone they were talking to said this.Ā 

edit: It wasn't Jimmy, it was the main host. Sorry @Y2Jimmy0

timestamp 5:15

Edited by joejoesox

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The one big embarrassing one was when he said Escobar was on his way via trade. Ā But even Ozzie this morning said he doesnā€™t know who Bob is talking to but his info is always right

Yeah, and the infamous "player like Semien" tweet, but I think that was an example of how the KW/Hahn sox had an embarrassing lack of market awareness

• Like 1

I can already see the boob tweet

"The White Sox are bringing on Dayton Moore as their President of Baseball Operations, who did a fabulous job building the Kansas City juggernaut, and promoting Chris Getz to GM. The team can't believe their luck getting a World Series Winner in Moore, calling it aĀ  "game changer"

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bmags said:

Honestly about as bad as it gets. And as exuberantly JR as it can get.

The man just wants best friends and to gleefully hate the people who love this team:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/08/23/white-sox-changes-gm-chris-getz-dayton-moore/70656755007/

Did anyone think JR was going to change?Ā  This organization was horseshit from the day they bought the team.

• Like 4

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Did anyone think JR was going to change?Ā  This organization was horseshit from the day they bought the team.

Seriously. I don't really understand why so many thought an 87 year old was going to have some sort of monumental shift in how he operates. Why would anyone think they would do they right thing?Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I still think this is a placeholder hire to get by, a team sale will be coming within the next 24 months.Ā 

Just my opinion.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah probably. But also, why not just keep Hahn and KW as said placeholders?

I guess with everything that has been coming out in recent weeks, you HAVE to hold people accountable and fire people.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Seriously. I don't really understand why so many thought an 87 year old was going to have some sort of monumental shift in how he operates. Why would anyone think they would do they right thing?Ā 

I guess I just wanted to be optimistic until they crushed my dreams.Ā 

The 13 hours or so was fun.Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I merely thought there were people who still would fit a JR vibe that would still be a big improvement. Pretty reasonable actually.

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP