Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don’t think Emerson, Ford or Young is realistic with one of Woo/Miller. Thats too much. I could see Montes or Gonzalez though for sure 

Do Woo or Miller have TOR talent?  If not, I don't see the point of such a trade.

I'm guessing they don't, as 6th and 4th round picks (although that's not dispositive). 

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Do Woo or Miller have TOR talent?  If not, I don't see the point of such a trade.

I'm guessing they don't, as 6th and 4th round picks (although that's not dispositive). 

I don’t think the round they were drafted in is relevant. Either guy could be a mid-rotation type. Six years of control is really valuable. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Cease was a 6th round pick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

I just don’t think you’re getting much more than Woo or Miller in a trade for Cease

I kind of agree. Just not sure why Seattle would really want to deal 6 years of either MLB ready starter (+ more) for 2 years.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

8 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

Cease was a 6th round pick.

I agree draft pick round is somewhat meaningless, but Cease was a massive overslot signing and got 40th overall pick type money.  Very different situation from Woo who a slot signing and Miller who was an under slot signing.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree draft pick round is somewhat meaningless, but Cease was a massive overslot signing and got 40th overall pick type money.  Very different situation from Woo who a slot signing and Miller who was an under slot signing.

He was also drafted by the Cubs with the knowledge that he needed TJ surgery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

His value is whatever other teams are willing to offer, not what Getz or this board wants in return. 

Jimmy has sort of implied BAL has offered one of Cowser/Kjerstad, one of Norby/Ortiz and "more" (Povich/Mcdermott?) but Getz is insisting on Westburg as the second piece. 

If thats true, that's a solid and acceptable offer but you still wait to see if NYY or someone else will cave in ST before accepting it.

• Like 1

I'd love a package headlined by Bryce Miller with OF Jonatan Clase in there somewhere as well. 

Miller has great metrics. I love to dream on that K/BB ratio and his power fastball.

Clase is an absolute speed demon switch hitter. 79 SB last season to go along with 20 HR who plays in all 3 OF positions. He also did this in AA, so he's not far off from the majors. He's very intriguing to me as maybe a 3rd piece in the deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'd love a package headlined by Bryce Miller with OF Jonatan Clase in there somewhere as well. 

Miller has great metrics. I love to dream on that K/BB ratio and his power fastball.

Clase is an absolute speed demon switch hitter. 79 SB last season to go along with 20 HR who plays in all 3 OF positions. He also did this in AA, so he's not far off from the majors. He's very intriguing to me as maybe a 3rd piece in the deal.

Noticed Clase as well when looking at their prospects. Switch-hitting OF with 20 homers last year.

21 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Think I'd pass on the guy with a 30 hit tool. Sounds like there is a ton of work to do there with him. Not sure I trust the Sox to develop that. Though I guess he'd be fine as a final lotto ticket piece.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Think I'd pass on the guy with a 30 hit tool. Sounds like there is a ton of work to do there with him. Not sure I trust the Sox to develop that. Though I guess he'd be fine as a final lotto ticket piece.

I'm willing to overlook a .230 batting average when his elite walk rate still gives him a .330+ OBP, game breaking speed, above average power, and CF defense. He's ranked among their top prospects for a reason, and that's all despite his swing and miss.

And again, I'm taking about him as a 3rd piece in a trade that includes Bryce Miller and someone else in between.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic