Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

I don't like the idea of anyone in the system under 24 playing for this tanking team, especially under this manager. Let them start the year 10-40, as they were designed to do. Montoyo can manage the rest of the season to save Jerry money.

Bring in a quality manager in 2025 with the core coming through with a legitimately run clubhouse led by a competent manager.

18 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Eh.  What about just making a stand and saying the best 26 guys come north.  If Thorpe is in there he’s in there.  

Totally merit based for everything.  

That would require DFAing just about every position player acquired this offseason. Not sure how Getz would explain this to Jerry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Eh.  What about just making a stand and saying the best 26 guys come north.  If Thorpe is in there he’s in there.  

Totally merit based for everything.  

There is almost no version of a merit based promotion where I’d say that a guy who has barely pitched in AA should come north based on a few innings against inconsistent lineups in the spring.

Send him to BHam and if he’s dominant for a month move him to Charlotte. If he’s dominant there for two months, great let’s see him at the all star break. Thats merit based promotions.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Y'all think Fletcher should start in Charlotte? He's been terrible.

I do wish Getz had grabbed up Smith-Njigba when on waivers. The league seems to view him as a AAAA player. DeLoach hasn't been lighting the league on fire, either. Perhaps breaking camp with the Sox is so stressful to a rookie that most of them just choke. Where have you gone John Cangelosi, our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 11:59 PM, baseball_gal_aly said:

To answer another poster, I absolutely will be the female Ron on Thorpe. 

If he's actually good I will post threads bashing him as schtick because I just loathe soft tossing RHP on principle

I think Hendricks sucks even though he's solid. 

What the hell is this supposed to mean? My motto is fair and balanced. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? My motto is fair and balanced. 

Your irrational Abreu bashing lol

I think it started out as your actual opinion and then you just turned it into schtick after lots of evidence to the contrary. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Hawk 1

11 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That would require DFAing just about every position player acquired this offseason. Not sure how Getz would explain this to Jerry.

I have to imagine Chris Getz specifically must be petrified of telling Jerry how promotions are often based on merit.

Edited by shoeless_joe21
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I also don't think he's far off from the majors but may as well keep that year of service.

As much as I’d love to see him pitch, you are right and a bad team like this should not be jumping the gun on service time until more guys are ready.

37 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

As much as I’d love to see him pitch, you are right and a bad team like this should not be jumping the gun on service time until more guys are ready.

Counterpoint: Jump-starting the rebuild/retool with a couple major league ready guys staggers free agency on these dudes. If you have a MLB-ready arm that won't be a perennial Cy Young candidate, give the fans a taste of the future, have a few veterans in for the long run waiting for Monty, Ramos, Schultz etc to come of age. 

• Heads22 unpinned this topic