Jump to content

Cease Trade Rumor Thread


Chicago White Sox
 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Isn't he still broken tho?

He had a 1.3 fwar season last year and projected for the same going forward. I'd like to think CWS FO would prefer either LAD or BAL bats to Kelenic.

They have only one real asset to trade, they need to hit a HR here, not get reclamation projects in this trade. 

He was on the verge of breaking out before he broke his foot…kicking a cooler… He never found a groove again before the season was over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BTW....Baseball Trade Values has the values as almost identical for all three teams in terms of what each is giving up vs recieving so it would be fair.

To BAL: Waldrep

To CWS: Smith-Shawver, Hjerstad

To ATL: Cease

BAL swaps out surplus OF talent for SP talent where they are thin. ATL gets Cease. CWS gets both legit position player and legit SP

This is more appealing to me than just trading with Atlanta straight up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Still, CM and Schultz are the only Top 100 guys in the system...we saw just how far off Colas was, even though he was barely in the Top 100 on most lists at the end of last year.

The key with Ramos and any other 3B will be hitting at least .750ish as a rookie...and then there are still ultimately a ton of questions about his defensive shortcomings and if he could potentially play 2nd.

Still has a lot to prove, IMO.

Quero is top 100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cmon folks, offseason is time to fleece a team of 5 prospects for Cease. In this day and age the guy can give a team 5 good innings and strike out minimum of 10 in those innings. Perfect modern day starter. A good pitching coach will make sure he cuts down on his walks. Maybe if he does that he can even go 6 innings .That said ... you give up a No. 2 starter like Cease in the offseason you bring in a haul. He can excite a fan base.

Get 5 players for him; same with Eloy. That's 10 bodies, hopefully 6 prospects who are close to can't miss. Don't make pedestrian trades. Go for the jugular since we're not going to sign free agents.

p.s. trade Nicky Lopez. He's not MLB caliber anymore folks. IMO.

Edited by greg775
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Cmon folks, offseason is time to fleece a team of 5 prospects for Cease. In this day and age the guy can give a team 5 good innings and strike out minimum of 10 in those innings. Perfect modern day starter. A good pitching coach will make sure he cuts down on his walks. Maybe if he does that he can even go 6 innings .That said ... you give up a No. 2 starter like Cease in the offseason you bring in a haul. He can excite a fan base.

Get 5 players for him; same with Eloy. That's 10 bodies, hopefully 6 prospects who are close to can't miss. Don't make pedestrian trades. Go for the jugular since we're not going to sign free agents.

p.s. trade Nicky Lopez. He's not MLB caliber anymore folks. IMO.

Look at Greg all gung-ho for the rebuild!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BTW....Baseball Trade Values has the values as almost identical for all three teams in terms of what each is giving up vs recieving so it would be fair.

To BAL: Waldrep

To CWS: Smith-Shawver, Hjerstad

To ATL: Cease

BAL swaps out surplus OF talent for SP talent where they are thin. ATL gets Cease. CWS gets both legit position player and legit SP

Baltimore and the White Sox each need one more prospect from ATL for that. Smith-Shawver + Waldrep seems light for Cease and Baltimore swapping Kjerstad for Waldrep seems light for them too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Cmon folks, offseason is time to fleece a team of 5 prospects for Cease. In this day and age the guy can give a team 5 good innings and strike out minimum of 10 in those innings. Perfect modern day starter. A good pitching coach will make sure he cuts down on his walks. Maybe if he does that he can even go 6 innings .That said ... you give up a No. 2 starter like Cease in the offseason you bring in a haul. He can excite a fan base.

Get 5 players for him; same with Eloy. That's 10 bodies, hopefully 6 prospects who are close to can't miss. Don't make pedestrian trades. Go for the jugular since we're not going to sign free agents.

p.s. trade Nicky Lopez. He's not MLB caliber anymore folks. IMO.

They didn’t even get 5 top prospects for Sale. They won’t here either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2023 at 3:44 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

I really wish Youtube TV still had MLBN. I liked having the Winter Meetings coverage on in the background during the work day the last couple of years.

 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:29 PM, Vote4Pedro said:

Sign up for a free trial of like directvstream for that week and the cancel afterwards. That’s what imma do this year 

Looking into this now, it doesn't look like Sling has MLBN. Damn. Might have to try your suggestion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Seems like Cease and Eloy are both gone. Juts not sure when. I don't love the idea of Atlanta either but Anthopolous is aggressive. They'll take the best package they get offered. Atlanta is publicly seen as the favorite right now. 

You seem pretty confident Eloy is going. Are you hearing they just don't like him or something and are willing to sell low rather than hold him and see if he can improve his value?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

You seem pretty confident Eloy is going. Are you hearing they just don't like him or something and are willing to sell low rather than hold him and see if he can improve his value?

Getz can't say he doesn't like this team then bring back the same players.  They made the decision that they are moving on from this "core."

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Getz can't say he doesn't like this team then bring back the same players.  They made the decision that they are moving on from this "core."

If we don't end up with the top pick or 2, I hope we pick outside of the top 6. Next season is going to be baaaaad. Worse than last season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If we don't end up with the top pick or 2, I hope we pick outside of the top 6. Next season is going to be baaaaad. Worse than last season.

What’s the record for most losses in a 162 game season? Whatever it is, the 2024 White Sox might challenge that…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jon talking about the free agent market pacing in baseball when there's almost deadlines except for opening day. It either moves slow or ultra slow. The Manny and Bryce offseason we were well into next year before any movement with those two happened. Something Baseball still hasn't fixed yet. This sport goes into hibernation for months while the other few sports never do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Jon talking about the free agent market pacing in baseball when there's almost deadlines except for opening day. It either moves slow or ultra slow. The Manny and Bryce offseason we were well into next year before any movement with those two happened. Something Baseball still hasn't fixed yet. This sport goes into hibernation for months while the other few sports never do. 

I think the process isn't a hibernation, NFL between May and Training camp isn't particularly interesting, rather we don't get that big burst of activity that makes the hibernation worth it.

While you'd think everything happening in a few days would be worse to keep interest, it instead creates the big anticipation, the owning of a one-week news cycle, and then the post-discussion and prep for the season.

Baseball sucks because sometimes its spring training, you've discussed the same move ad nauseum, but still no guarantee on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...