Poll: Predict Final Win Total for the 2024 Chicago White

Predict Your 2024 Chicago White Sox Win Total  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Select The Number of wins for the 2024 Chicago White Sox

• 100 + Wins: Most wins in White Sox History (1917 100-54)
    • 94-99 Wins: Top 10 White Sox All Time Wins
    • 86-93 Wins: Excellent White Sox Season (10-24 Games over ,500)
    • 82-85 Wins: Top 50 White Sox All Time Win Season
    • 76-81 Wins; 15-20 Game Improvement over 2023
    • 71-75 Wins: 10-14 Game Improvement over 2023
    • 62-70 Wins: 1-9 Game Improvement over 2023
    • 56-61 Wins: Worst White Sox Season Under Jerry Reinsdorf (2023 61-101)
    • 44-55 Wins: Worst White Sox 162 MLB Game Season (1970 56-106)
    • 43 or Fewer Wins: Worst Non Expansion Team Record in MLB History (2003 Detroit Tigers 43-119)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/2024 at 08:09 PM

1 hour ago, Tony said:

7 wins.

You know, 7 wins a month would get them between 40 and 50 wins...and unfortunately I could see that happening. 

This is a good time to remind everyone that great seats are still available.

• Haha 2
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

56-61 for me. I don't think some people have caught on to the new schedule quite yet. We're going to get beat up by the West and East and the Central too, to be fair. 

Yeah, this isn't like how it was 2 years ago. We play our shitty division less.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2
  • TLR 1

47 minutes ago, wegner said:

You know, 7 wins a month would get them between 40 and 50 wins...and unfortunately I could see that happening. 

This is a good time to remind everyone that great seats are still available.

Seats are available. Having something of quality to watch makes a difference.

• Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Seats are available. Having something of quality to watch makes a difference.

Eh, the Cuban Comet sandwich will get me to 1-2 games a year no matter how much they suck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mac9001 said:

I think you have to go under at 61 simply because if they're on pace for 70 wins it means someone is performing and we'll trade them at the first opportunity.

I was going to pick under 61 for the very reason you have. However I picked the one just above which seems to be where the majority is voting, just because I choose to hope that Getz Salvage Yard turns a profit.

We buy and sell your junk .

• Hawk 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

70-92 because I think this bunch will care more than the stiffs that populated the roster in 2023.

It's a lot of the same stiffs, though :( - Moncada, Eloy, Benintendi, Vaughn. Half the lineup is still the same hurt, underachieving crew.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dohnut said:

It's a lot of the same stiffs, though :( - Moncada, Eloy, Benintendi, Vaughn. Half the lineup is still the same hurt, underachieving crew.

I think Vaughn cares, Benintendi will be better because his wrist has healed, Moncada has never cared and Eloy is Eloy.

82-85 feels about right.  We will win the division with that rather pedestrian win total.  Looks like a scrappy bunch that will play fundamentally sound baseball.  Good depth on the bench and at Charlotte.  If Robert, Moncada, and Eloy live up to potential...we win the Central with ease.  Both Vaughn and Sheets will look much improved I predict.  Pitching is always a question but Soroka, Fedede, and Crocket have potential to be very good.  Bullpen looks serviceable and I think the addition of Matt Wise and Bannister might pay dividends.  Much improved defense up the middle should help the entire staff look better.  The new coaches and veterans will add to a renewed spirit of comradery IMO. Anxious for OD and an entertaining season ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

Posted (edited)

Voted 62-70 wins.

My final prediction is 66-96.

Everyone’s vote is visible. 62 people or bots have voted with less than 70 hours left in the poll (closes before scheduled first pitch on Opening Day) for those who wish to have a public record of their 2024 White Sox Win Total Range Prediction.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

20 minutes ago, poppysox said:

82-85 feels about right.  We will win the division with that rather pedestrian win total.  Looks like a scrappy bunch that will play fundamentally sound baseball.  Good depth on the bench and at Charlotte.  If Robert, Moncada, and Eloy live up to potential...we win the Central with ease.  Both Vaughn and Sheets will look much improved I predict.  Pitching is always a question but Soroka, Fedede, and Crocket have potential to be very good.  Bullpen looks serviceable and I think the addition of Matt Wise and Bannister might pay dividends.  Much improved defense up the middle should help the entire staff look better.  The new coaches and veterans will add to a renewed spirit of comradery IMO. Anxious for OD and an entertaining season ahead.

I'm glad you feel this way. I agree with you. I think its going to be a great 2024 season for the White Sox.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

16 hours ago, poppysox said:

Part of me feels this could be like 2012.  No expectations and a team that responds well to a huge shake up.

I honestly think it's anywhere from 68 wins to 85 wins.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 6:00 PM, FloydBannister1983 said:

It’s a balanced schedule now as opposed to pre-2023.

They could easily lose that many games.

Were still playing 52 games against 4 other teams who really aren't good at all, that's not even counting the other lousy teams around the league we play as well.

3 hours ago, T R U said:

We’re still playing 52 games against 4 other teams who really aren't good at all, that's not even counting the other lousy teams around the league we play as well.

At least three of those teams are significantly better.

i don’t think they win 20 games against the Central.  Close to 20.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:11 PM, dohnut said:

Moncada is playing for a contract. He might want to care.