4/1 Braves @ White Sox, 1:10pm CT

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

When Stassi is ready, they should just release MM.

More likely that they will just pick up MMs option in May and release Lee. MM is great behind the plate, the announcers will tell you so.

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

looking at the schedule its entire plausible that this team could lose 30 in a row

Fucked up thing is that no matter how bad we are, we can't at least think about who could be available at the top of the draft (picks 1-3) since we have, at lowest, 10th overall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not gonna hold much against Garcia at the moment because that ball has to be impossible to grip.

But it'll be really funny if the best two relievers are two of Hahn's last acquisitions, but they're also guys that are cheap and not pricey signings.

• Paper Bag 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Fucked up thing is that no matter how bad we are, we can't at least think about who could be available at the top of the draft (picks 1-3) since we have, at lowest, 10th overall.

Yep, this is absolute hell with no signs of improvement

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

what’s the sox record for lowest attendance? i’m thinking total and average. 

Looking at Baseball Reference, their lowest modern day attendance was 1970 with 495,355 and 5,897 a game.  They lost 106 games that year.

Edited by SoxFanForever
  • Like 1
  • Paper Bag 2

11 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

what’s the sox record for lowest attendance? i’m thinking total and average. 

I’ve been a fan since 1952 and in 1970 the Sox drew only 495,000 but without looking it up there are years in the 1930s that IIRC they only drew around 350,000 .

EDIT They drew 296,000 in 1934.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

Looking at Baseball Reference, their lowest modern day attendance was 1970 with 495,355 and 5,897 a game.  They lost 106 games that year.

thanks. i doubt it drops that low, although it probably should. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

No s%*#.

Look man, their social media team has an Herculean task of finding fun wherever they can this year.

If that's a silly rain delay animation, so be it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

Do you actually think so? I'm under the assumption he just doesn't care one way or the other. 

I agree. I think he just doesn’t want to have to actually do work to find someone or pay top dollar.