Luis Robert right hip flexor injury

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Couldn't put it pass this org lol.  

I still have faith that they will start making the right decisions 

Who's the "they" in this statement?

5 hours ago, TitoMB345 said:

Literally just cut every player on the 26 man and start over. And take the entire FO with you.

I'd actually be OK with them removing the White Sox from the league for 2 seasons and make them an expansion team with new ownership. This organization has what, Montgomery, and Crochet and nothing else? Can't count Robert anymore. He's just another guy who can't be healthy.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This ads more weight to trying to get Robert back healthy and then trade him for what you can get.

Sox will be a disaster for the next few years and even if he stays healthy they won't extend him.

The only thing that could change that scenario is if new ownership is in place in the next year or two.

ppl should realize, Robert makes 15 mil in 2025, 20 mil in 2026 and 20 mil in 2027

he might be closer to hitting free agency than he would be getting traded for legit prospects

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sambuca said:

They were both strains of the hip flexor, but in 2021 it completely ripped off the bone and he was on the ground in excruciating pain.

This isn’t good, but it’s definitely not as severe of a strain. Not sure what that means in terms of recovering time and whatnot though.

In 2021, he tore the muscle in the midsubstance not from the bone. That's why there was no surgery. It would have been easier if he would have avulsed it. 

This is probably a 6 week injury. They may be more cautious due to the history of injuring the same muscle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

In 2021, he tore the muscle in the midsubstance not from the bone. That's why there was no surgery. It would have been easier if he would have avulsed it. 

This is probably a 6 week injury. They may be more cautious due to the history of injuring the same muscle.

His health issues are starting to remind me of Bo Jackson.  Couldn't imagine such an imposing dude, really an athletic marvel, being so frail/vulnerable in the prime of his career.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, greg775 said:

How can this keep happening? One week into the season and Eloy and Robert are both hurt. Can you imagine being a player or coach on this team? How can you even pretend you have a chance to win when you take the field? p.s. Can you believe how bad a hitter Beni is?

The Sox are a very static team. Or were. They acquired a group of players with one vision, and basically stopped adding to it. Or adjusting along the way plus or minus. Ride or die. Anybither team would have moved on from Eloy long ago, or would have a backup plan up and running. Not that they’re trying to win this year. But last year they were. Cease obviously signaling they finally got it through their thick heads to clean house. But they should have been hip deep in a new build before this season 

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Paper Bag 1

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

DVS quoted Robert as saying the injury is to the same muscle but in a different area. I don't know if that makes any difference.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Are you telling me that this eyewash boxing routine he did in the offseason didnt help condition the man.  I am shocked.  

https://fb.watch/rhV6bu1_4P/

🤣🤣🤣

I think I might be able to whip Robert’s ass.  Maybe not but I’m confident that my 6’3”, 275 pound son could.  How about do some stretching and yoga so you don’t land on the IL every month?

I love how Robert’s midget cohort is slapping Luis’s gloves even before Luis throws a punch.

This is what Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul is going to look like.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

I seem to remember someone on the team saying the "stated Spring Training goal is Jiménez, Robert and Yoán Moncada each playing at least 150 games". Something tells me that 'goal' is already gone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

🤣🤣🤣

I think I might be able to whip Robert’s ass.  Maybe not but I’m confident that my 6’3”, 275 pound son could.  How about do some stretching and yoga so you don’t land on the IL every month?

I love how Robert’s midget cohort is slapping Luis’s gloves even before Luis throws a punch.

This is what Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul is going to look like.

Who is gonna do what to whom?

And people called me crazy when I suggested the Sox trade Robert last offseason. He finally had a healthy season, sell high. Might not even play 50 games this season. Good luck trying to get even half the value they could have gotten next offseason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Out for “months” according to Bob

See you in August Lubo... If the Sox are somehow offered the Cease trade package minus the mlb vet (Wilson) in December, you’re accepting it right? I doubt they even receive an offer that good but if they do I’m taking it and not looking back.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Out for “months” according to Bob

It's now going to take 1 1/2 to 2 healthy/productive seasons just to rebuild his value to what it was just 2 weeks ago.

And that asking price is nothing like it was nearly a generation ago for the likes of Sale Eaton and Quintana.

Top 25-30 prospects just don't get traded anymore.

The best you can get are formerly injured prospects or flawed guys like Cole Ragans or Burger types that are under estimated or undervalued by their original organizations.