Sox now 1-7, on pace for 20-142 record

I knew this team was going to historical bad before the season started.   I pegged them for about 30 wins and am now  thinking that was generous.   That's why I didn't even think about a spring training trip this year and have no plans to see a game at all this year in Chicago or on a west coast road trip.   I'll save my money for things that can be enjoyable (and right now White Sox baseball is not on that list)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

All of Sox online chat gets overrun by people who don't want any positive talk about the Sox. Twitter, SoxMachine, here, there's always trolls who have to ask if a comment is a joke, or to just accuse people who aren't even being positive, just acknowledging reality of working for the White Sox. 

Yes, this team is exhausting right now. There are no good options. 

So why don’t your start a few positive topics on this message board and see what happens?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Yup.  I'm Jerry's nephew.  You can tell because I'm so positive and saying stuff like they will win 60-something games.

If you don't take my bet, you love my uncle.

Have another beer.  Increase your tolerance and get back to me.  I’m -15 craft beers deep.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • TLR 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

No.  I have like 400 posts vs your 37,000.  

Congrats, that obviously means you are automatically more intelligent than Tony.  You want a fucking cookie?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 hours ago, Nardiwashere said:

And the Cleveland Guardians are on pace for 126-36.

Sox fans have turned into little whiny bitches. They are a bad team.  This isn’t some shock.  Crying about Jose Rodriguez getting DFA’d like they gave up Mike Trout, flipping out over the record a week into the season.    

Did anyone expect them to be 7-1?

The "bitches" are the fans still loyal to this incompetent, embarrassing, pathetic fucking franchise. The ones still supporting this fucking fraud of an owner, who has been duping poor White Sox fans for 4 decades. f*** this organization, and f*** anyone who criticizes the fans who are, very understandably, tired of this horseshit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 2

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So why don’t your start a few positive topics on this message board and see what happens?

To be fair, I had a positive post the other day. I'm too lazy to look it up. Oh yeah I was wondering if Shoemake might be a surprise in a positive way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

We just don't feel the need to whine and complain about it like a petulant child ad nauseum every 10 minutes.

I beg to disagree. To be honest there's nothing positive to talk about here. Take a look at that lineup. Not one person is worth discussing in a positive manner except the delightful Crochet. That's it. Aside from shutting down the board, this team deserves only negativity right now, unless we start tracking our minor league studs with threads of their own.

As longstanding board members will attest, greg has been a Sox supporter forever. Trust me if there was something positive to say I'd say it. I'd love to read an essay tackling the issue of whether this team could win if it played AAA teams instead of MLB.

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

All of Sox online chat gets overrun by people who don't want any positive talk about the Sox. Twitter, SoxMachine, here, there's always trolls who have to ask if a comment is a joke, or to just accuse people who aren't even being positive, just acknowledging reality of working for the White Sox. 

Yes, this team is exhausting right now. There are no good options. 

But I don’t really understand that comment. 

1. Um, what else should they be discussing? No Sox fan is going to be “upset” about Garret Crochet starting the season well, and feel free to talk about it until your blue in the face, but that can only be discussed for so long until you zoom out ever so slightly and realize the hole is so deep, individual performances really seem insignificant given how much needs to change. 

2. I’ll never have a problem with someone being positive. My issue comes when those “positive” fans get upset when people are being “too” negative. I’ve been there before, I remember getting upset with people in late 2005, still doubting the Sox even as the playoffs begun. I get it. But after what we’ve all collectively seen over far too long, I just can’t get upset with anyone for being “too negative” at this point. In my opinion, any anger you have at those fans should be redirected to the White Sox. They’re the reason they are angry. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Yeah, Sox fans really should just accept being one of the worst franchises in sports, smile, bend over and just enjoy the dissent into total embarrassment of a 100+ year franchise. 

Bunch of pansies, I tell ya

Sox fans should stop giving money to an owner who cares more about his bottom line than he does about winning. The White Sox are as bad as the Oakland A’s. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Where does he say anything about enjoying this s%*# show? Many of us are/were informed enough to realize the team was going to be dreadful before the season actually started. It's playing out like many of us expected. We just don't feel the need to whine and complain about it like a petulant child ad nauseum every 10 minutes.

Lip is now one of the biggest contributors to this board. Year's ago, a lot of us left WSI to get away from the Lip's of the world. The change to b**** culture on this board is to be expected. I was hoping they would stay away from the Future board, but now Caulfield's creepy ass is spending hours nutting in his own face over the Orioles AAA team. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Lip is now one of the biggest contributors to this board. Year's ago, a lot of us left WSI to get away from the Lip's of the world. The change to b**** culture on this board is to be expected. I was hoping they would stay away from the Future board, but now Caulfield's creepy ass is spending hours nutting in his own face over the Orioles AAA team. 

Oh crap, Caulfield is Getz?  That explains trading Cease to the Padres.

• Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh crap, Caulfield is Getz?  That explains trading Cease to the Padres.

Creepy Caulfield gushing over them is like a curse. It happened to Puig, Tatis, and the Padres.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Seriously a b**** post about bitching from someone who birches 95 percent of his posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tony said:

But I don’t really understand that comment. 

1. Um, what else should they be discussing? No Sox fan is going to be “upset” about Garret Crochet starting the season well, and feel free to talk about it until your blue in the face, but that can only be discussed for so long until you zoom out ever so slightly and realize the hole is so deep, individual performances really seem insignificant given how much needs to change. 

2. I’ll never have a problem with someone being positive. My issue comes when those “positive” fans get upset when people are being “too” negative. I’ve been there before, I remember getting upset with people in late 2005, still doubting the Sox even as the playoffs begun. I get it. But after what we’ve all collectively seen over far too long, I just can’t get upset with anyone for being “too negative” at this point. In my opinion, any anger you have at those fans should be redirected to the White Sox. They’re the reason they are angry. 

Dude, we scroll past hundreds of negative comments and can just ignore them. It's when one points out a simple fact, and  then weather a deluge of people calling us delusional, Jerry's nephew, kiss-ass, lapdog etc. that it becomes a bit excessive. 

As I've said, it's not just here. Twitter is ridiculous. I get that any Sox convo right now is going to be heavily negative. But it's BS deflection to say that any problem with negative people should be passed onto the White Sox. Seriously, if you're going to do that, don't scold us for pushing back. Go scold Reinsdorf for making me push back against non-factual nonsense. 

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

It's a fucking baseball team. I already have problems in my life to dwell on and be miserable about if that's the route I want to go. All online Sox commenting areas become negative echo chambers, and everybody just starts spouting the dumbest, wrong s%*#. Continue to do it. I really don't care. I can scroll. 

There will be positive individual impacts to this season. Hopefully we see we have 2-3 guys who can start in the future.

Two of our better offensive guys on a likely 50-60 win club are now injured at the start of the year. I would guess they aren’t going to be rushed back.  That may not cost us a ton of wins or matter in the scheme of things, but it could cost us a few.