Ramos getting called up

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

He started out mega cold at AA and has just finally heated up. 

People assuming he'd reach the Sox this year (me among them) figured he'd have to get to Charlotte and prove it there. Now he's jumping two levels.

Do you think they should've called up Colson to play 3B or Sosa again? I'm not like "fire Getz" because he didn't sign some 40-year-old to be fourth string 3B, but I agree that I would've expected him to go to AAA first. I think he should've started the season there frankly. I don't hate this move though, only that there's nothing to lose playing Sosa for an extended period. 

14 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

What on Earth could Grifol have said in his interviews with Hahn that impressed him? The man is horrendously stupid.

It's a very good question. I remember him saying something like "we could tell in the dugout when the Sox were going to show up or not" and I'm going to guess on he sold them on "this team is talented but not preparing correctly" and then has proceeded to prepare them even less than they were.

• Like 5

I'm fine with letting him enjoy his first day as a big leaguer, from the dugout.

BUT, after that, if you're going to start the clock on him, let the kid PLAY, not rot on the bench.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I'm fine with letting him enjoy his first day as a big leaguer, from the dugout.

BUT, after that, if you're going to start the clock on him, let the kid PLAY, not rot on the bench.

Say that again.  Getz started the clock on a guy who just turned 22 with a .572 OPS in Double AA.

5d46afe1-8df4-4264-b54e-8d1baed72c6e.0c0

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Do you think they should've called up Colson to play 3B or Sosa again? I'm not like "fire Getz" because he didn't sign some 40-year-old to be fourth string 3B, but I agree that I would've expected him to go to AAA first. I think he should've started the season there frankly. I don't hate this move though, only that there's nothing to lose playing Sosa for an extended period. 

Like you said, there were other options.  Call up Sosa instead.  Hell, bring back old man Moustakas to play 3B and cut Justin Anderson.  The entire defense of Getz signing veteran bums this past offseason was to allow the minor leaguers time to earn their way to the MLB roster, you know, when they were actually ready.

It feels like Getz was going to call up all of these young guys this season regardless of how they were performing in the minors at the time.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

It’s the perfect year to do this. Use this shitty nothing season to your advantage by seeing what you have in guys.

No? Just continue treading water with veterans? Okay then.

Except they aren’t even treading water.  They are drowning with veterans and May lose the most games in MLB history.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

What on Earth could Grifol have said in his interviews with Hahn that impressed him? The man is horrendously stupid.

Hahn was beaming at Grifol's  press conference.  He had that giant s%*# eating grin on his face because he thought he just out smarted baseball by hiring that fucking idiot.  Can you imagine.  Good lord what a dumbass.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I feel like Getz is mismanaging the roster even worse than Kenny and Rick did. 

I think the service time thing doesn't matter because it was always thought he was going to come up this year at some point, so the first full year towards the 6 years would still be 2025 either way, but clearly he would be overwhelmed right now vs say July or August, so I agree. 

There's no good reason for him to be up now. Should have given him a few more months and at least some AAA time

Edited by SoCalChiSox

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think the service time thing doesn't matter because it was always thought he was going to come up this year at some point, so the first full year towards the 6 years would still be 2025 either way, but clearly he would be overwhelmed right now vs say July or August, so I agree. 

There's no good reason for him to be up now. Should have given him a few more months and at least some AAA time

But he hasn’t proved he’s ready… so why start the clock

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Did you miss the part where it said, “in a month” ?

Montgomery would have to go a massive tear to be hitting that well in 30 days after his slow start…what’s the rush, exactly?

If he was a more polished collegian from a P5 conference, then it would be more justifiable.

Right now, it’s more fan service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Yeah if I knew this was what it was going to look like, I would have preferred KW stick around and he leaves when a new manager is needed.  Getz is off to a truly awful start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Getz could f*** up a wet dream

• Haha 2

I hope Bryan tears it up. I've been following him fot 3+ years, and I actually believe he'll be a good player in the bigs.

Called up too early, thats for sure. There's no time like the present though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Pedro says "hold my beer."