Robert mentioned as trade target for Mariners by Passan

11 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I just don't think Robert is going to stay healthy. I think it would be wise to trade him for the right price. 

I love it when posters go out on a limb like this.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know much about Young or Emerson, but does either have legit stat potential?  Have to get a legit 60 FV headliner if you move Robert.

The true “star potential” prospect would be Monte’s, who would have to be the 2nd piece. 

1 hour ago, Snowy Demon said:

Just about all the scouts are saying he will be a DH by the time he gets to the majors if he ever makes it. 

That won't stop half this board from penciling him in to be the long-term solution at 2B.

15 minutes ago, JoeC said:

That won't stop half this board from penciling him in to be the long-term solution at 2B.

Not me....I'd prefer him as a 1B/RF

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 9:02 AM, oldsox said:

I love it when posters go out on a limb like this.

I was simply stating I think it would be wise to trade him vs keep him. I get your "go out on a limb" sarcasm...the Sox have, more than once, made dumb trades for the wrong price.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 2

I will be honest, the Mariners aren't my first choice for a deal like this, because they lack that supertstar top prospect, and I think you need that huge frontliner to start a good deal for Luis Robert.  I have no idea what the market for him looks like, but as with Cease, I am also willing to let the market come to us if the market isn't there yet.

• Like 1

The Athletic has a good short piece today  on MLB deadline sellers with the White Sox listed as, you guessed it, #1 seller. Mentions Robert but doesn't think there's much chance he'll go. 

Montes has 60+ potential as a left-handed hitter, 65+ power. Not truly elite overall but this org desperately needs that. He's not a true headliner but packaged with a 55 IF and 50 OF, I'm not sure you're going to do much better in this environment. I still think holding him til 2025 trade deadline is probably the best move. 

Posted (edited)

All of this trade speculation is great for a discussion, but does anyone really have any faith that Getz will get what Robert is worth?  We all know he will get fleeced by the other organization.

Edited by Tomtom

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tomtom said:

All of this trade speculation is great for a discussion, but does anyone really have any faith that Getz will get what Robert is worth?  We all know he will get fleeced by the other organization.

What is his real worth? The possibility also exists he asks for way too much only for Robert to get injured again (this year or next).

If not for Eloy, people would talk more about this guy's inability to stay on the field.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Here is why any return will not live up to expectations.  He is as injury prone as Eloy.   

Hand — Aug. 18, 2020

Illness — April 27, 2021

Hip — May 2, 2021

Groin — April 21, 2022

COVID-19 — May 24, 2022

Illness — July 15, 2022

Wrist — Aug. 12, 2022

Hand/Wrist — Sept. 15, 2022

Wrist — Sept. 24, 2022

Hamstring — April 29, 2023

Hip — May 23, 2023

Calf — July 10, 2023

Finger — Aug. 9 2023

Quad — Sept. 2, 2023

Knee — Sept. 24, 2023

Hip — April 5, 2024

17 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Here is why any return will not live up to expectations.  He is as injury prone as Eloy.   

Hand — Aug. 18, 2020

Illness — April 27, 2021

Hip — May 2, 2021

Groin — April 21, 2022

COVID-19 — May 24, 2022

Illness — July 15, 2022

Wrist — Aug. 12, 2022

Hand/Wrist — Sept. 15, 2022

Wrist — Sept. 24, 2022

Hamstring — April 29, 2023

Hip — May 23, 2023

Calf — July 10, 2023

Finger — Aug. 9 2023

Quad — Sept. 2, 2023

Knee — Sept. 24, 2023

Hip — April 5, 2024

Did we ever figure out what is was that made him appear to have vertigo ? Was that 2023 ?

I remember his play in CF was not very good at the time but his hitting didn't seem to suffer all that much and he put up best season of health and hitting even though you list 6 injuries in 2023.

On 5/18/2024 at 11:58 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know much about Young or Emerson, but does either have legit stat potential?  Have to get a legit 60 FV headliner if you move Robert.

I know Jim Bowden is frequently off-base but he suggested one "top prospect" (I'm assuming that means Top 100), plus one Top 10 (in a system) plus a few Top 30s (in a system).

I know Robert's salaries are gonna start escalating but that would be a garbage return either way.

Need to have 3 Top 100s.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I know Jim Bowden is frequently off-base but he suggested one "top prospect" (I'm assuming that means Top 100), plus one Top 10 (in a system) plus a few Top 30s (in a system).

I know Robert's salaries are gonna start escalating but that would be a garbage return either way.

Need to have 3 Top 100s.

i think he's too injury prone to get a blockbuster return

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did we ever figure out what is was that made him appear to have vertigo ? Was that 2023 ?

I remember his play in CF was not very good at the time but his hitting didn't seem to suffer all that much and he put up best season of health and hitting even though you list 6 injuries in 2023.

I think vertigo is a big result of an acute ear infection.

5 hours ago, Tomtom said:

He did well in the Dylan Cease trade