ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

McCullers led the AL in walk rate and we have no walks so far. 

It sure looked like he was getting every wrap around breaking ball called a strike...my guess is that is not the case all the time.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox should look at every starting position player on their roster and ask would this guy start for the Astros, Rays, Doders, Giants. etc. Engel and Leury are resounding no's. Same (obliviously) goes for Cesar and he was their plan A plan at 2B for this year and next, which obliviously isn't good enough.

This is just not sensible.  Take a look at the Giants starting lineup below and tell me who on the Sox you would replace:

Are you really saying the Sox can't compete with guys like Wilmer Flores, Donovan Solano, and Lamonte Wade (Giants starters in the past 2 weeks)?  Seriously, there are very few teams in MLB that have All Stars 1-9 in their lineup.  Would you have taken the Astros CF before today?  Jordan Luplow, Manuel Margot, Kevin Kiermaier?  Get a grip it is ONE GAME.

• Fire 1

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Moncada the only guy who showed up today, yet he gets far, far more vitriol on this board than Jose or TA.

He gets a lot, but I'm pretty sure Abreu has gotten plenty, especially this year. TA is lathered in butter, nothing seems to stick to him on ST.

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

We look like we don't even care at the moment. 

they look like a team who doesn't half a fucking clue why they can't hit this guy.  a team with real coaches would've prepared them for what to expect vs McCullers, Sox are C grade in that Dept.  Not saying coaches makes this lineup win the game, but they wouldn't look like they have NO CLUE what's going on

2 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:
2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox should look at every starting position player on their roster and ask would this guy start for the Astros, Rays, Doders, Giants. etc. Engel and Leury are resounding no's. Same (obliviously) goes for Cesar and he was their plan A plan at 2B for this year and next, which obliviously isn't good enough.

This is just not sensible.  Take a look at the Giants starting lineup below and tell me who on the Sox you would replace:

Are you really saying the Sox can't compete with guys like Wilmer Flores, Donovan Solano, and Lamonte Wade (Giants starters in the past 2 weeks)?  Seriously, there are very few teams in MLB that have All Stars 1-9 in their lineup.  Would you have taken the Astros CF before today?  Jordan Luplow, Manuel Margot, Kevin Kiermaier?  Get a grip it is ONE GAME.

This X 1,000. 

Too many clueless fans following this team lately.