GAMETHREAD 4/14/22: Sox vs Mariners (Lambert vs Gilbert) 1:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Grandal isn’t exactly locked in at the plate. No problem resting him today.

I have no problem resting anybody right now. The quick ramp up clearly is affecting health league wide and anything Chicago can do to keep guys health(ier) is going to pay off this summer.

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Never is 

Grandal is a good catcher. Great framer and all, but there is no reason to play him as if he's Yogi, Pudge or Yadi. Catch him 80-90 games a season and get 650 PA's from him. IMO in his case, the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

check out the 3 run error by Arozarena in the TB/OAK game lmfao 

what an awful defensive player

For those who didn't see it (you should): on a ground ball single to left center Arozarena slid and kicked (literally kicked) the ball away from Kiermaier all the way to the CF wall. Never seen anything like that.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

For those who didn't see it (you should): on a ground ball single to left center Arozarena slid and kicked (literally kicked) the ball away from Kiermaier all the way to the CF wall. Never seen anything like that.

Where can I find this clip easily?

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The amount of butthurt from Mariners people is great. Rent free. We have actual good players like Robert and TA that have developed here. Meanwhile they have Kelenic and Julio's combined negative WAR and 50% K rate.

llsox.png

He's not worng about the White Sox chance to win the division if Lambert is a regular starter. What he neglects to realize is their 1-2 starters aren't currently in the rotation. 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's not worng about the White Sox chance to win the division if Lambert is a regular starter. What he neglects to realize is their 1-2 starters aren't currently in the rotation. 

he should do the tiniest about of research before spouting off. but it's a mariners blog so expected I guess to completely overlook the other team puff up a historically awful franchise.

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The amount of butthurt from Mariners people is great. Rent free. We have actual good players like Robert and TA that have developed here. Meanwhile they have Kelenic and Julio's combined negative WAR and 50% K rate.

llsox.png

Their Twitter and Reddit reactions yesterday were straight up embarrassing. 

"Get a roof"

"Grounds crew is only cleaning the infield before the Sox play defense"

If the players had such a big issue with the rain, have your pitcher scream at the umps and refuse to pitch. It worked for Hendriks lol.

Besides, it's not like the Sox didn't play in the same conditions. The victim complex is on full display in a game in freaking April. I feel like we as a fanbase make a lot of shitty excuses, but after seeing what Mariners fans were saying last night, I don't think we're so bad. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic