Crosstown Series Game One--6:40 CT

Just now, Quin said:

I was gonna say Kaplan is the equivalent of Garfein, but Garfein is more nuanced than him.

Kap is like...imagine the anti-Parkman.

The difference between Kap and Chuck is that chuck is likeable. 

• Like 2

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Was curious so I looked at the 2021 Braves. Riley and Swanson played 160 games, Freeman 159 games, and Albies 156. 

They also started last season like absolute shit, not sure what your point is. 

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

The difference between Kap and Chuck is that chuck is likeable. 

I didn't say Chuck was nuanced. I just said more nuanced than Kaplan.

Also yeah, he's likable whereas anytime Kaplan comes on the White Sox Talk podcast I want to rip my headphones out.

2 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Even with a slow start, Madrigal's BA is still higher than Harrison, Pollock, Engel, Garcia, Grandal and McGuire.

And an OPS worse than half of them. He’d just be another guy we’re handwringing about. 

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

bad combo of injury prone types and an overly cautious mindset. I'd play the guys until they can't. It's not like Robert can't get hurt a million other ways outside of slipping on wet grass.

It is beyond ridiculous how babied these guys are.  Play a few games and then rest, wtf is that?

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It's f'in May 3rd and already sat for several games. If he isn't fresh now he never will be.  Someone mentioned before that TLR thinks these guys in their 20s feel like him so he sits them all the damn time, starting to believe that.

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, Quin said:

I just remember Kaplan dancing with glee saying it was revenge for the Quintana trade and that Madrigal would be winning annual batting titles.

There are many folks still fooled by Nick Madrigal, many of them inhabit this very board. 

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The good old "sitting guys" to keep them fresh strategy. It's really worked wonders for the White Sox.

Yet they are still getting injured. So your solution to helping players coming back from injury is to not give them rest?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Another mistake not putting a player on the IL

Remember, there's a limit to how many times a player can be recalled and assigned from the minors in a season without being exposed to waivers. New CBA shit. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Yet they are still getting injured. So your solution to helping players coming back from injury is to not give them rest?

My solution has never been to give excess rest to baseball players. Endurance and your body adjusts to the consecutive days played; that's how you build up. Every repeated rest day is a set-back in my opinion.

Also, if you're not 100% you shouldn't be back at this point. If you are 100% you should be playing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My solution has never been to give excess rest to baseball players. Endurance and your body adjusts to the consecutive days played; that's how you build up. Every repeated rest day is a set-back in my opinion.

Also, if you're not 100% you shouldn't be back at this point. If you are 100% you should be playing. 

Obviously,  you don't live in the real world. An injury doesn't heal 100% for 10-12 months. After 6-8 weeks it's usually about 80-85% healed and they can play and do it effectively but it is not 100%

The build up is for the offseason and during the season it's maintenance work. This is all a set back with injuries. It's not a linear progression.

Robert was finally finding his swing and getting in a grove, and now he sits on the bench. It's just bad managing. I said it to you before PTATC, baseball is not some physcally strenuous activity that requires constantly rest to maintain health. In fact, I'd argue it's the opposite; additionally, haven't you argued of late it's the "mental" side you need a break from? I'd also argue that's absurd as you need to learn to push through mental blocks to be a great baseball player. You and I have very different philosophical opinions on the game. Additionally, trainers and etc I have had in my life to train me for higher levels of baseball also disagree with the premise of constant rest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1