Eloy rehab starts again 6/21

southsider2k5

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Jimenez can come back and play CF instead of Leury Pollock or Engel.

Gotta fit him in there somewhere with Sheets and Vaughn flanking him...because he doesn't consider himself just a DH.

If sox have to play sheets, vaughn and eloy manfred should give them an exemption that grants them to play with an extra outfielder:) 

10 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I wonder if Pollack moving to primary LF, means that Eloy will be forced to DH (which is obviously what's best for the team).  Otherwise I'd think they'd keep Pollack out in RF to get familiar with it... hmm

Eloy returns to LF, Sheets plays RF, AV & AJ to the bench.  More special TLR magic. 

I have low hopes for Eloy. Sadly.

Lynn will be nice to have back.  This rotation is going to be really good if they can stay healthy.  Plenty good enough to get back into things.  With how awful we've played, we're still get 1.5 GB of a playoff spot.  Not that this team should be striving to back door their way into the playoffs.  A three games series in Minny to advance would be fun.  At some point the Twins will struggle.  Their pitching will catch up to them as the schedule gets harder.  But that lead is up to 5.5 GB now....need to cut into it as opposed to it going the other direction. 

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

cant wait to watch Eloy showboat and hit grounders for the rest of the year. 

Don't forget his kooky camera tactics like jumping in front of the camera every chance he gets saying "Hi mom!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I can't imagine how upset you are right now that Vaughn is one of our top hitters.

1. I never set Vaughn cant hit.

2. I said he has no business playing in the outfield...ever, and that he is one of the slowest payers on the team, which is also a problem on the bases.

3. Let's evaluate this player after the season It is a little too early now to claim he is one of the best hitters on the team. He hit .235 last year and he only has one more HR than Jake Burger now.

15 hours ago, raBBit said:

Don't forget his kooky camera tactics like jumping in front of the camera every chance he gets saying "Hi mom!"  

Sounds a bit like other criticisms of players of color because they dare to show some personality or speak out. 

• Haha 3
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, tray said:

Sounds a bit like other criticisms of players of color because they dare to show some personality or speak out. 

I don’t think people are annoyed for any other reason than he hasn’t been productive or available. All that other stuff is fine when first you do your job.

• Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy rehab starts again 6/21