Do we see Vaughn this year?

ron883

Do we see Vaughn this year?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do we see Vaughn this year?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Vaughn was the having the most impressive at bats in spring training and completely looked the part of a professional hitter.

I’ll say that and would be real surprised if Edwin was regulated to bench duty or DFA so soon.

EE will be one and done so if the organization thinks Vaughn gives them a better chance to win over the next 5 weeks+ then give him a shot. Probably would be good for the kid to get some playoff experience too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

EE will be one and done so if the organization thinks Vaughn gives them a better chance to win over the next 5 weeks+ then give him a shot. Probably would be good for the kid to get some playoff experience too.

I agree - it will be interesting to see how long of a rope they give him.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd be fine with it if they can find a way to get him in the everyday lineup.  Just not really sure how you do that unless you get cute in RF.  

This was my initial reaction too, but to play devil's advocate a bit:

Would he really be missing any actual development if we treat him as a September call up in a year with no minor league play anyway? Getting him into the major league dugout for a few weeks and even just 10-20 ABs may be just as useful as playing scrimmages in Schaumburg throughout September. And hey, if he looks good in a few pinch hitting situations early, you can always expand his role. 

If the Sox already know that Mazara and Encarnacion won’t be part of 2021, then DFA both now, and bring up Madrigal and Vaughn. They’re in the playoffs either way in an asterisk season. Vaughn is a special hitter. He was drafted 3rd as a righty 1b for a reason- he can mash.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 4:28 AM, soxfan49 said:

If he's DH'ing, he won't be

Still 90 % sure no Vaughn . They have no reason to bring him up. If they shock us and give up EE then Collins and the catchers rotate DH. If they need another one they try Yermin.

No need whatsoever to screw with Vaughn's service time when they got a guy like Mercedes whose service time means nothing.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Still 90 % sure no Vaughn . They have no reason to bring him up. If they shock us and give up EE then Collins and the catchers rotate DH. If they need another one they try Yermin.

No need whatsoever to screw with Vaughn's service time when they got a guy like Mercedes whose service time means nothing.

If they give up on EE, it won’t be to get Collins more time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Bye bye Edwin. Only thing I don't like is Vaughn will likely play 95% of the games at DH and he won't develop and get the reps at 1B under Renteria/Abreu. Hopefully the organization tells Abreu he needs to DH more.

I don’t see Vaughn getting the call wasting a year of eligibility for only half the season left. I’d support it however I don’t think Sox management will pull the trigger

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I don’t see Vaughn getting the call wasting a year of eligibility for only half the season left. I’d support it however I don’t think Sox management will pull the trigger

Half the season left... + playoffs (cause we'll be there) ;)

• Like 1