8/3 Game Thread Sox vs Royals 7:10 1st pitch

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Love the lineup 1-7. Soon the 8-9 will be replaced by Robert and Grandal. Tim and Jose really need to get it going but this lineup is STACKED, especially with the emergence of Engel as a legit starting RF.

Let's get hot!

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Whew! I was worried I might have to watch 1 game this year without Leury Garcia.

Hawk has TWTW. 

Tony has TWTSL - The Will To Start Leury. 

I expect Leury to continue to play most days (down from everyday) after Robert returns. Tony likes his guts, and will continue to rotate him across all the OF, and 2B/3B in the infield, to give guys days off and keep that "valuable" switch hitting (i.e. Tony pleasing RLRLRLRL puzzle piece) player in the lineup.

I'd prefer to keep him as infield reserve only and 1-2 starts per week once Robert returns (with Engel and Vaughn the other primary OFs).

5 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Do we never have to watch Collins again after Grandal comes back?  Cause I would enjoy that. 

I don't think he makes any sense to carry on a playoff roster at this point at least

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

absolutely not, too much of a defensive liability imo

He'll probably be around on the 28-man, but I am really struggling to think of a single use case for him in a playoff series. 

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Oh you just inspired a great idea. You know how Jose won't wear the elbow guard like a lot of hitters because it feels uncomfortable to him. Then there are those air splints used for injuries and there is bubble wrap to protect stuff sent in packages.  There should be some product kind of halfway between  an air splint and bubble wrap that  would work like one of those nyoprene knee braces. So for an elbow guard you have smaller pockets of air  rather than bigger pockets so its more flexible and slide it up to your elbow like a brace. Basically a brace with air pockets like bubble wrap only stronger than bubble wrap on the part facing the pitcher Probably not as much protection as a solid hard plastic shield you strap onto the arm but for those looking for something more comfortable with better protection than just a nyoprene brace it could work.  You could have wrists bands too. Do any new types of shoulder pads use any type of air cushioning ?

Better take out the patent before someone steals your idea.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mqr said:

He'll probably be around on the 28-man, but I am really struggling to think of a single use case for him in a playoff series. 

Yeah totally agree, it bums me out and I've really rooted for him to show me something, it just hasn't happened.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Damn Collins is basically a backup DH now. Seems like it didn't take long for the pitchers to notice that their game suffers when he's catching. 

Wait I thought many preferred him to Grandal?