Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

Hahn can at least write a book and do MLB seminars on different ways to fail at rebuilding…you would think he would have learned something from all this failure.

Undoubtedly TLR will get the lion’s share of the blame.

And injuries.  And Hostetler.  Certainly no honest reflection on any of his mistakes, other than Shields/Tatis. 

17 minutes ago, Baron said:

Anybody get a load of Hahn's statements last night? I can't stand this motherfucker. Just listening to him makes my apple watch go off because of my blood pressure rising.  

I thought the same thing. Now is the time to improve the organization? What about the last 2 offseasons and deadlines? One way to improve is for him to leave.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I thought the same thing. Now is the time to improve the organization? What about the last 2 offseasons and deadlines? One way to improve is for him to leave.

Exactly. Then he won't answer the question about the direction of the baseball club. He's like it's too early to say what the label will be. I was laughing because it is! The next General Manager will be able to label it. 

8 minutes ago, Baron said:

Exactly. Then he won't answer the question about the direction of the baseball club. He's like it's too early to say what the label will be. I was laughing because it is! The next General Manager will be able to label it. 

“Unfortunately I know it’s only my first year, but it’s the year 2032 and this team has a fresh start here in Nashville. Our direction will be to improve over the next few years to become a regular contender.”

I will say Rick looked shook in that interview last night.  Had that same pout face he was rocking during the first La Russa interview.  I’m not sure he’s the one making these trades.  I’m hoping he may simply be the face of the front office at this point since KW doesn’t like getting out in front of the camera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Anybody get a load of Hahn's statements last night? I can't stand this motherfucker. Just listening to him makes my apple watch go off because of my blood pressure rising.  

I just don’t give a f*** about what he has to say anymore.  It’s all hollow bullshit.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say Rick looked shook in that interview last night.  Had that same pout face he was rocking during the first La Russa interview.  I’m not sure he’s the one making these trades.  I’m hoping he may simply be the face of the front office at this point since KW doesn’t like getting out in front of the camera.

I hope this is true.  A powerless PR front is a fitting end to his shitty tenure. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just have a hard time believing that KW with one foot out the door has taken over and Hahn has been told hes out, but hes still needs to go pretend to be the GM until the season is over?

Does that make sense to you or seem plausible?

You know why Rick Hahn looks shook, because he ran his mouth about parades and this and that and now his team is 20+ games under .500 and he has to answer to his failures.

Edited by T R U
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

i am SO TIRED of Hahn bots stating this as if hes a hostage. Why are we making excuses for a man who has shown nothing but failure for the last TEN years. If Kenny and Jerry are holding a gun to Hahn's head he could have gotten a job elsewhere like anyone with an ounce of self respect would have done. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, Baron said:

it bothered me too like every damn press conference he holds, where he is so arrogant and the smartest guy in the room.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superstar Lamar said:

The Tatis trade alone would have been enough for him to be fired by some organizations

They didn't want to trade Tim Anderson and his owner and boss instructed him to add James Shields. 

37 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Anyone else notice Rick's comment along the lines of "we can talk about roles and titles in the near future"?

Am I reading too much into this? Or is this confirmation of what @Harold's Leg Liftalluded to?

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

The last sentence. Is he referencing job titles/roles within the Org? Or am I just reading into this what I want to read?

Hahn meant rebuilding in regards to organizational direction I believe but I still wouldn't be surprised if Rick Hahn isn't the GM of the White Sox next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They didn't want to trade Tim Anderson and his owner and boss instructed him to add James Shields. 

Hahn meant rebuilding in regards to organizational direction I believe but I still wouldn't be surprised if Rick Hahn isn't the GM of the White Sox next year. 

Thanks. I'm still hopeful.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

In addition to the last two off-seasons he did nothing, that POS Hahn was suppose to fix this team back in 2016 on the initial rebuild, which he completed bombed on. Yet the this loser gets to keep trying to fix it. 

Wake the F up Jerry and stop this Insanity of Rick Hahn and flush this entire front office.

17 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The last sentence. Is he referencing job titles/roles within the Org? Or am I just reading into this what I want to read?

It was a question about what they are calling their approach going forward. The guy (Merkin maybe?) asked if they are calling it a rebuild. I heard the interview and they talked about it on the Soxtalk podcast that dropped earlier. I will say, he was much more transparent at the deadline in 2016 about going forward with a rebuild. Makes you think they aren't doing a complete tear down.

Having said that, call it a retool. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 hours ago, Baron said:

I posted it in the other thread regarding his remarks.  It seemed like he knew nothing about these guys and the Chicago media is spineless to not badger the line that this is now a second rebuild.   Nobody should care about who they got or how the trade was handled with Gio or Lopez when he is in front of the mic he should questioned for his unaccountability. 

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It was a question about what they are calling their approach going forward. The guy (Merkin maybe?) asked if they are calling it a rebuild. I heard the interview and they talked about it on the Soxtalk podcast that dropped earlier. I will say, he was much more transparent at the deadline in 2016 about going forward with a rebuild. Makes you think they aren't doing a complete tear down.

Having said that, call it a retool. 

JR won't allow another complete tank job. They are going to hope to get lucky moving forward.

Luck is not a plan.

• Like 1