GT: 4/1 | Sox (1-1) @ Astros (1-1) | Giolito vs. Urquidy

Eminor3rd

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It's a good time for Gio to pitch against the Astros with no Altuve and Brantley.  Let's win one more game.  I think we'd all have considered a 2-2 split series a big win. 

Yep. Let’s get today and tomorrow will be gravy regardless. 

I'm already sick and tired of the Pedro Grifol era....still stuck at .500.  

Why did we get rid of a HOF manager just to be in the same place??

Every sane Sox fan knows it's time to bring back LaRussa but I know such serious issues won't be discussed here.

That's why I am starting my own site....join me at DrunkSoxTalk.net where we can talk about the real issues.

DrunkSoxTalk....where politics is not only encouraged.....it's required.

The site will be dropping next April 1 😎

• Haha 3
  • TLR 1

This is a really good breakdown of the ball Benintendi didn't catch yesterday. I said at the time that it seemed like the initial positioning is what messed everything up and that kind of seems to be the case. You can also argue that Benintendi probably could've caught the ball if he didn't give up on it so early, but it would not have been all that routine.

• Thanks 1

• bmags pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This is a really good breakdown of the ball Benintendi didn't catch yesterday. I said at the time that it seemed like the initial positioning is what messed everything up and that kind of seems to be the case. You can also argue that Benintendi probably could've caught the ball if he didn't give up on it so early, but it would not have been all that routine.

Sometimes pitchers need to pick up their Defense a little bit....I would like Rocco to make those plays going forward though.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sometimes pitchers need to pick up their Defense a little bit....I would like Rocco to make those plays going forward though.

Yeah Graveman walking Maldonado was still the biggest issue that inning.

I did find it weird that there were only 5 balls hit like that by a right handed hitter in the past 9 years at Minute Maid. And Benintendi was involved in 3 of those instances and that ball was the only one he didn't catch. The side by side of the ball he caught last year vs. the one he didn't catch yesterday was really good and showed the difference in positioning. 

That's probably the best breakdown Jomboy has ever done outside of the Astros cheating scandal video. 

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah Graveman walking Maldonado was still the biggest issue that inning.

I did find it weird that there were only 5 balls hit like that by a right handed hitter in the past 9 years at Minute Maid. And Benintendi was involved in 3 of those instances and that ball was the only one he didn't catch. The side by side of the ball he caught last year vs. the one he didn't catch yesterday was really good and showed the difference in positioning. 

That's probably the best breakdown Jomboy has ever done outside of the Astros cheating scandal video. 

Even crazier that 2 of those 5 also were in last nights game