This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

6th worst record in baseball as things stand today. Another bad week and they can slide into the bottom 3.

I thought the tank years were over with.

I was never a fan of "tanking" i.e. losing on purpose.  I hope everyone that was cheering on the tank is enjoying the result of the tank now. 

Next time I hope the Sox have a competent GM in charge of rebuilding while the team is still trying their best to win every game anyway.

17 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I was never a fan of "tanking" i.e. losing on purpose.  I hope everyone that was cheering on the tank is enjoying the result of the tank now. 

Next time I hope the Sox have a competent GM in charge of rebuilding while the team is still trying their best to win every game anyway.

This is not the result of the tank. This is the result of mismanaging the effort. The Sox didn’t have a lot of luck in the draft either in terms of being in the right positions  in the right drafts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

This is not the result of the tank. This is the result of mismanaging the effort. The Sox didn’t have a lot of luck in the draft either in terms of being in the right positions  in the right drafts.

Turning years of drafts into nothing of substance at the big league level isn't bad luck. It's a combination of putrid scouting and player development.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I don't think Hahn could have built a good team in 2020 or a division title winning squad in 2021 without tearing it down completely. We have decades of evidence to support the notion Hahn/KW aren't capable of retooling teams stuck in the middle and turning them into contenders.

Whether it was worth years of watching terrible baseball for the payoff of 2 good teams is subjective, I guess. I'd rather watch 60 win teams knowing there's a potential payoff down the road rather than what we're stuck with now or were for years before that.

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree it's all in the hands of the fans. Until they stop going and letting Reinsdorf and the FO see an empty stadium, the same crap will keep being put on the field. 

In reality, fans have no real power. The Sox have seen dropping attendance, and that hasn't changed anything.  Losing hasn't changed anything. There is a billboard calling for the sale of team. Fan brought in banners saying the same thing. The FO knows how pissed some fans are. They've seen the team underperforming. And yet almost nothing changes. Instead, we will get another round of fan scapegoating from the FO and the media. It is frustrating. We Just don't have any leverage.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think Hahn could have built a good team in 2020 or a division title winning squad in 2021 without tearing it down completely. We have decades of evidence to support the notion Hahn/KW aren't capable of retooling teams stuck in the middle and turning them into contenders.

Whether it was worth years of watching terrible baseball for the payoff of 2 good teams is subjective, I guess. I'd rather watch 60 win teams knowing there's a potential payoff down the road rather than what we're stuck with now or were for years before that.

Yeah, sometimes you have to "tear it down" to rebuild.  But while you trade your veterans for young talent you should still try to play the game to win and try at least put a respectable team on the field giving max effort to win every game instead of intentionally tanking and having a fan base cheering on blown games.  I hated that.

• Like 2

OK prepare to rip me apart. 

Its only April. It looks bad but there is talent here.

There have been teams rise from the dead much later in the season. 

Lets not give up. The teams in our division can be had.

Anderson is the spark and hopefully Liam will be back.

Keep your chins up boys. f***'em lets fight.

Lets go, go go White Sox

Edited by soxrwhite
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Highland said:

In reality, fans have no real power. The Sox have seen dropping attendance, and that hasn't changed anything.  Losing hasn't changed anything. There is a billboard calling for the sale of team. Fan brought in banners saying the same thing. The FO knows how pissed some fans are. They've seen the team underperforming. And yet almost nothing changes. Instead, we will get another round of fan scapegoating from the FO and the media. It is frustrating. We Just don't have any leverage.

Don't forget they were so gutless they cancelled Sox fest for a "variety of reasons" which they never named. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Lets go, go go White Sox

But for how long until he gets hurt? Or Eloy again? Or Robert?

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

Lets go, go go White Sox

That was the narrative last year. Lots of INDIVIDUAL talent. But that's it. They have no idea how to translate that talent as a winning team on the field. But you know what the real problem is? We never see this team on the field because they are always hurt. ALWAYS. There is no "when they get healthy." It will never happen. As soon as Tim comes back, someone else will get hurt. Probably Robert. Moncada will come back for like 3 weeks, start to get real hot, then pull a hammy and be out for another 3 weeks. Rinse and repeat. Do I want or like to say that? Hell no, but it's reality. This team cannot win without it's core on the field and the core cannot stay on the field. And there is zero depth. Thus the mediocrity. This whole rebuild felt like a pipe dream to begin with and now that has come to reality.

This team will not change until it is under new ownership and management. Until then, we will be stuck with the same s%*# year after year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Did this team have a 7 - 12 start during the tank years? I feel like even the 2017 squad started the season the like 15 - 13. This is pure misery. I don't remember ever completely tuning out before April 20 but I pretty much have. Happy with the decision not to renew season tix. 

They were 5-14 in 2018. They did in fact reach 14-11 and briefly got to 1st place in 2017.

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

6th worst record in baseball as things stand today. Another bad week and they can slide into the bottom 3.

I thought the tank years were over with.

What physically maxed out college 1B do they take 3rd next June🤔🤔

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This isn’t a team… it’s a collection of individual players.

Which is why they struggled so much against Minnesota in the 2000's and then the Tigers/Royals/Guardians and now the Twins again over the following 10-15 years, with the obvious exception of 2005 when everything came together perfectly.

I still remember all of the arguments I got into with many of you about this s%*# sandwich of a team. My favorite was how many folks thought the Cubs rebuild was failure because of how it ended. We never came close to any of the Cubs' success AND they rebuilt and passed us by within 2 years. This organization is a joke. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This isn’t a team… it’s a collection of individual players.

"team chemistry" is the least of this bunch's problems. 4 of the positions players used today had an OBP over .300 at the end of the game. Several guys we are counting on are already hurt. 

We have no depth, we have oft injured under achieving regulars. Our bullpen is a joke. Our starters are decent, but not good enough to carry a bottom tier offense. 

Find better players and "team chemistry" would look good.

• Fire 1