4/26 Sox @ Toronto 12:07

wegner

14 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I must have seen a partial quote then. My bad. Looked like he was implying the opponent. Kinda wanna see the full quote now. 

you were looking at this quote from Seby further up this page.....Zavala on the Blue Jays: “Those [bleepers], they just foul off a lot of [bleep] and it puts us in a hole,” a frustrated Zavala said, “and maybe makes us feel like we don’t know how to get them out or something. I don’t really know.”

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp. Seby

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

you were looking at this quote from Selby further up this page.....Zavala on the Blue Jays: “Those [bleepers], they just foul off a lot of [bleep] and it puts us in a hole,” a frustrated Zavala said, “and maybe makes us feel like we don’t know how to get them out or something. I don’t really know.”

yea, thats the one. 

Burn it all to the ground. The org is completely rotten. No idea how to develop players, or run a professional sports organization. Almost every single player regresses in Chicago. JR can't die soon enough. This is his creation.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Burn it all to the ground. The org is completely rotten. No idea how to develop players, or run a professional sports organization. Almost every single player regresses in Chicago. JR can't die soon enough. This is his creation.

It’s truly a despicable organization 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Jr's 87, he probably can hold on until 90-92, then another year or two to sell the team, add another 5 years for a rebuild and I'll see ya all in 2033 at the parade.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'd be surprised if any top flight team like the Dodger's would be interested in a SS with a hole in his glove and a bad attitude.

If any organization could coach him up in both regards, the Dodgers would be at the top of the list. I'd guess the attitude would change for the better going from this clown show to a legitimate organization. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

If any organization could coach him up in both regards, the Dodgers would be at the top of the list. I'd guess the attitude would change for the better going from this clown show to a legitimate organization. 

You're probably right and there's examples to prove your point that the Sox don't develop players before trading them away.  Marcus Semien, Dane Dunning, Frankie Montas, Steele Walker, Tatis Jr............

add
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Im 63 I'm not sure I have 10 more trips around the sun!!😄

I'm gonna be 64 this year and really there's no way it's happening before then with JR still around.

Hang in there, you'll make it as long as my timeline is accurate.   Oh, I just thought about how many games I'll still be going to at 74.  I know I won't be going to any parades at 74 so I'll have to watch that on TV.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm gonna be 64 this year and really there's no way it's happening before then with JR still around.

Hang in there, you'll make it as long as my timeline is accurate.   Oh, I just thought about how many games I'll still be going to at 74.  I know I won't be going to any parades at 74 so I'll have to watch that on TV.

Im with ya! As long as the parades over by 5 getting close to bedtime :)

• Haha 2

No offense to some of you who underrated my fave Jose A, but do the White Sox miss Jose Abreu? Of course they do. You take a TOTAL PROFESSIONAL off the team and this is 'partly' the result when the replacements do NOT have the respect of an Abreu. Some people can't go past the stats. Jose was so fricking underrated. His absence left a HUGE hole in many ways. Of course the Sox front office also thought they could do better, lol.

If u are gonna let an Abreu walk, make SOME SORT OF SPLASH in the offseason. Our big splash was hiring Pedro. Big deal.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Ricky Renteria was the lone manager to hold players accountable and produced the best winning percentage in the Hahn era. Players possibly grudgingly respected La Russa the first few weeks of 2021 (Tim said wait and see in Spring Training), but after the Mercedes incident, there was little respect shown publicly including Jose and Tim telling La Russa to GFY if he thought about holding them out of a lineup. Tim also publicly told Yermin to ignore Tony. 

Hahn spoke like he was looking forward to dumping Abreu during his comments at the La Russa exit conference and at other times last year. Hahn showed Abreu zero respect, though it's hard to recall a time Hahn has shown anyone respect beyond kissing Jerry's ass.

The Sox weren't planning on competing in 2023 anyway. Instead they pissed away $75M for the worthless LFer. Abreu should have been White Sox for life, as a player and beyond in whatever role he wanted.  Then again, Jerry Reinsdorf and his Cronies have shat on many people over the years, be it Harry Caray, Carlton Fisk, Larry Himes, Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen and others. It has gotten so bad, even lifer Hawk Harrelson is speaking out about the poor ethics and integrity of Jerry's current organization.

And all of soxtalk wanted him gone

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Jr's 87, he probably can hold on until 90-92, then another year or two to sell the team, add another 5 years for a rebuild and I'll see ya all in 2033 at the parade.

Can’t JR just retire from the Sox and spend more time with the Bulls instead?

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

No offense to some of you who underrated my fave Jose A, but do the White Sox miss Jose Abreu? Of course they do. You take a TOTAL PROFESSIONAL off the team and this is 'partly' the result when the replacements do NOT have the respect of an Abreu. Some people can't go past the stats. Jose was so fricking underrated. His absence left a HUGE hole in many ways. Of course the Sox front office also thought they could do better, lol.

If u are gonna let an Abreu walk, make SOME SORT OF SPLASH in the offseason. Our big splash was hiring Pedro. Big deal.

Sox office just did a salary dump.  Vaughn is much cheaper than Abreu.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:24 PM, Soxfest said:

Pedro looks absolutely lost 

Because he is.  Need to replace him before it is too late,

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Sox office just did a salary dump.  Vaughn is much cheaper than Abreu.

Because he is.  Need to replace him before it is too late,

Don't look now but White Sox will go in to Tampa Bay series in Cell with a one game lead over  KC. 

3 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

you were looking at this quote from Seby further up this page.....Zavala on the Blue Jays: “Those [bleepers], they just foul off a lot of [bleep] and it puts us in a hole,” a frustrated Zavala said, “and maybe makes us feel like we don’t know how to get them out or something. I don’t really know.”

Yikes! 

1 hour ago, Sambuca said:

This team would look exactly the same with Abreu’s .576 OPS.

Only difference is José would be a lot sadder than he is right now with the Astros. 

I don't think you guys understand you don't treat a well respected veteran (who cares about winning) like you did Jose and not have repercussions. Only way to nullify the shock/ill will woulda been to add some superstar free agent. The Sox didn't and were left with Vaughn and Sheets bat to replace Jose, maybe Burger too.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, JoshPR said:

And all of soxtalk wanted him gone

Well nearly all. Ricky was extended by the "Executive of the Year", and should have been allowed 2021 to continue with the core he developed and who played hard for him.

If they would have brought in Hinch or Bud Black, it would have made more sense and I would have understood because both are solid managers. The Sox of course didn't, and now they are on manager three over the past 353 games during their alleged "Multiple Championship Contention Window". 

There has been zero accountability taken with the source of this continuous failure, and until Jerry leaves there likely won't be.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I don't think you guys understand you don't treat a well respected veteran (who cares about winning) like you did Jose and not have repercussions. Only way to nullify the shock/ill will woulda been to add some superstar free agent. The Sox didn't and were left with Vaughn and Sheets bat to replace Jose, maybe Burger too.

I understand just fine, and I agree with your point in theory. I love Abreu, and have a ton of respect for him as a person and player.

But if last year’s team performance was any indication of how this year would play out, the ship was already sinking with Jose on it. He could not do anything to stop it, and you saw it on his face every damn game.

Combine that with his production this year, and he would be nothing more than part of the problem. And completely miserable.

I agree the Sox should have replaced him with a superstar. They should have replaced him with three.

I wish a big part of the issue was as simple as Abreu. Unfortunately, I don’t think he even moves the needle on this team.

• Like 1