5/3- Sox vs Twins, 6:10

flavum

• Quin pinned this topic

I think this might be a good time for Dylan to get back to the 2022 form or those first few starts of 2023. 

Let's go for three in a row, winning our first series of the season and beating the team in first place ahead of us in our division and moving to only 7 games back. 

Remember small victories are better than none at all! LOL!

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Can't believe our RF is now Gavin Sheets

Me too! I guess the FO and manager didn't learn from last year playing them out of position didn't work so well.

I also guess the laughable and embarrassing tumble Gavin took falling down adjusting to a flyball earlier this season, wasn't enough evidence that any plan for Sheets continuing in RF was probably not the best decision for the team.

Again this goes back to the genius of Rick Hahn who decided to draft Gavin on the second round in 2017 with the 49th overall pick. I'm pretty sure the need for a first baseman in 2017 wasn't the biggest pressing need, when we already had Jose Abreu, who in 2017 hit 33 HR's, 102 RBI's, 43 Doubles and a stat line of .302/.354/.552/.906.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

I just don't see the logic in Burger batting 8th. In order for Jake to become a more consistent hitter, I realize he needs to be more patient at the plate and stop swinging at pitches well outside the zone. But then again several players on this team need to learn better plate discipline.

Why doesn't Pedro consider putting Burger higher in the lineup to protect him, so he can possibly see better pitches? I don't see why Burger can't be in front of Sheets and Grandal at 6th? I know one thing for sure, when Burger gets good pitches in the zone, there is a better possibility of him hitting the ball very hard and far. 

Finally another head scratcher! Why isn't Seby catching with Cease pitching? Seby is so good with the Dylan's pitches in the dirt versus Grandal who isn't as good digging the balls out.

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic