Clevinger & Andrus Back, Scholtens optioned, Alberto DFA

Sleepy Harold

This works if they continue playing Romy this season, and see what they have.

Andrus could prove a valuable backup playing 15%-20% of games at SS and 2B. He is overmatched offensively as an everyday starter.

Hate that Clevinger returned, I'll skip the game tonight as I do all his starts. Hope they trade him by the deadline.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Hanser one of the more worthless guys they've trotted out in recent memory, even less skills than Leury Legend, good riddance. 

But he's a spring training all star.

What will be interesting is what they do when Hamilton is ready. If Frazier keeps hitting, I don't know how they pick Billy over him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

his OPS was absurd against lefties, something like 1100 OPS if i remember right. Not Albertos fault Grifol didn't use him correctly. He is going to be great on the Dodgers or Rays.

He was on the Dodgers last year. Had worse numbers than he did with the White Sox. Could only get a minor league deal. His OPS against lefties, considering he's 30 and his career OPS+ is only 80, isn't going to stay at 1.100. He is a dime a dozen guy. The choice was Elvis or him. They are paying Elvis more, and Elvis can still play a decent SS. They made the right choice.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

But he's a spring training all star.

What will be interesting is what they do when Hamilton is ready. If Frazier keeps hitting, I don't know how they pick Billy over him.

Billy feels like a season long IL stint who miraculously makes it back when rosters expand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

That is crazy...

Its not only crazy its out and out terrible. Moncada should be replaced by Burger at third base. Burger is hitting, Moncada is not hitting.  The White Sox are stuck with Moncada. No other team will trade for him  and pickup his contract. The only way he is traded is if the White Sox eat most of his remaining big contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

Its not only crazy its out and out terrible. Moncada should be replaced by Burger at third base. Burger is hitting, Moncada is not hitting.  The White Sox are stuck with Moncada. No other team will trade for him  and pickup his contract. The only way he is traded is if the White Sox eat most of his remaining big contract.

I wake up everyday hoping that during the night the Sox have traded his sorry ass. I can’t remember the last time I saw the guy smile (same with Robert), he’s obviously not happy and somehow someway the Sox have to move him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I wake up everyday hoping that during the night the Sox have traded his sorry ass. I can’t remember the last time I saw the guy smile (same with Robert), he’s obviously not happy and somehow someway the Sox have to move him.

During the WBC playing for Team Cuba is the answer there to the smile question... or first week or two of the season before he got hurt yet again. 

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

his OPS was absurd against lefties, something like 1100 OPS if i remember right. Not Albertos fault Grifol didn't use him correctly. He is going to be great on the Dodgers or Rays.

Over 16 plate appearances, largely driven by 1 home run, He got Tim injured, cannot field, Billy Hamilton (.625 OPS vs. RHP. .618 overall) a far superior batter vs. RHP (.587 career / .556 2023).

In terms of smiles, Jerry got your smiles right here.

jerry-reinsdorf-mlb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1