Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No way Getz is going to be able to control Grifol, that guy in so set in his "old school" (Dayton Moore Ways) mentality...and now he feels empowered to "spread his wings" with the owner and GM both having his back, so to speak.

If they get off to an awful start next season Grifol will be fired by Memorial Day.  

52 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If they get off to an awful start next season Grifol will be fired by Memorial Day.  

I would agree with that. One thing for sure with Grifol managing this squad: it will be easy to get tickets.  I feel bad for the ticket sales/renewals team going into this offseason. What do they have to point to for 2024?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No way Getz is going to be able to control Grifol, that guy in so set in his "old school" (Dayton Moore Ways) mentality...and now he feels empowered to "spread his wings" with the owner and GM both having his back, so to speak.

I believe Pedro knows things have to turn drastically in 2024, and he has little control over what, if anything, they acquire toward that goal. 

I don't believe he will be fired in season next year, because Jerry loves money and it's not going to change much. I can see them firing Pedro after season end, like Ricky, with only one more year on his contract rather than have him be a loose cannon lame duck entering 2025 without an extension.

Grifol will be a convenient scapegoat for Getz who has far less at his disposal than Hahn's seemingly endless supply.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I believe Pedro knows things have to turn drastically in 2024, and he has little control over what, if anything, they acquire toward that goal. 

I don't believe he will be fired in season next year, because Jerry loves money and it's not going to change much. I can see them firing Pedro after season end, like Ricky, with only one more year on his contract rather than have him be a loose cannon lame duck entering 2025 without an extension.

Grifol will be a convenient scapegoat for Getz who has far less at his disposal than Hahn's seemingly endless supply.

Agreed, its not as if they are anywhere near competing in 2024 so why waste a year of a good manager. My only concern is the way that Pedro seems to handle the younger players, not one of the young players who has joined the MLB team this season has been any good, and don't look like they are learning anything, in fact if anything they are getting worse. Added to that they way they are often brought up and sent down many times, and seem to be the only ones he 'holds accountable'.

• Hawk 1

48 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Slept on it and am pretty sure that the enthusiastic personal endorsement of Clevinger and outright dismissal of any reason why anyone might have a concern about him is easily the number 1 thing he’s done to piss me off all year. %^*+ off.

This is one of the most ridicules comments I have read this year.

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Hate to see them get off to another bad start but if means getting rid of this clown of a manager, so be it.

There’s no other possibility but them sucking. I’d be more impressed with Getz making the 2024 team a playoff contender, than I would be our 2005 WS championship. It’s a wasted year without direction, and I dont even need to see the collection of bums they collect during the offseason to determine that. 

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're going to lose 100+ games and this moron won't sacrifice a win today for possible future wins via development. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a professional coach say.

We know their rookies aren't exactly setting the world on fire but what good do Andrus Shaw and Grandal do for the future by taking up playing time these last two weeks?

Just seems completely obvious to everyone but Getz and Grifol.

Then leaving our starter hung out to dry in the late innings?

TLR was better than this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They're going to lose 100+ games and this moron won't sacrifice a win today for possible future wins via development. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a professional coach say.

And 100000% on brand with the shortsighted approach of the org.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think that is what they are playing for. 63 wins. The good news is it more than likely won’t make much of a difference with their lottery position, They have a shot at 3rd worst, but 4 seems pretty likely.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Slept on it and am pretty sure that the enthusiastic personal endorsement of Clevinger and outright dismissal of any reason why anyone might have a concern about him is easily the number 1 thing he’s done to piss me off all year. %^*+ off.

I'm not surprised considering Getz is the same scumbag who knew about what went down when Omar Vizquel sexually assaulted a disabled bat boy, and yet praised him on the way out before attempting to gaslight Sox fans a few weeks ago.

"Listen, Omar, ultra-talented player, very good instructor, created a good environment for our players. We just felt with where things are at, our player development system, that it was time to go separate ways. But not only for himself, but for the organization as well and we wish Omar well. He was a positive influence while he was here."

Omar Vizquel specifically targeted the bat boy because he was disabled, and another brilliant Chris Getz hire, Wes Helms, witnessed and laughed along while the bat boy was sexually assaulted.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/08/09/formers-indians-shortstop-omar-vizquel-accused-sexual-assault-by-minor-league-batboy/

The suit states that the plaintiff was targeted by Vizquel because of his disability.

According to the suit, Vizquel repeatedly exposed his erect penis to the plaintiff and forced him to wash his back in the shower.

Rather than remedy the situation, the suit alleges supervisors and fellow coaches laughed at the sexual harassment and the plaintiff was eventually discharged from his employment.

6 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

There’s no other possibility but them sucking. I’d be more impressed with Getz making the 2024 team a playoff contender, than I would be our 2005 WS championship. It’s a wasted year without direction, and I dont even need to see the collection of bums they collect during the offseason to determine that. 

I really don't want this, because then Jerry and Getz will say see it's getting better (78 win season) and then they will continue to suck ad infinitum with no changes in place to actually change things.

Edited by South Side Hit Men