Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

What I would do (what I would do) is fire Grifol around the all star break if not sooner and name LaRussa interim manager.  I would then hire AJ to be asst manager or bench coach and let let him learn the league and a few things from LaRussa. Then after the season name AJ the manager and kick LaRussa back upstairs.  That's what I would do (what I would do).  

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

What I would do (what I would do) is fire Grifol around the all star break if not sooner and name LaRussa interim manager.  I would then hire AJ to be asst manager or bench coach and let let him learn the league and a few things from LaRussa. Then after the season name AJ the manager and kick LaRussa back upstairs.  That's what I would do (what I would do).  

It's to the point now, LaRussa wouldn't take the job. He got the f*** out of Oakland as soon as they got bad. His legacy is already tarnished. He can only tarnish it some more if he put a uniform on again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Or maybe he thought he had to fart. He didn't have to fart.

Also known as "having trust issues." As in "I overtrusted that fart."

4 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

We’ve all been in that situation where you’re in a public place and you just have to go. Then when you come back you know that everyone knows you were gone too long to have just been peeing, but you gotta hope that nobody calls you out. Poor Bourgeois just had that happen on a National scale.

At least it wasn't to start an overtime in the NHL playoffs:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

#TeamBurnThisBitchtotheGround

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I almost can't wait to see what they do today!

This is the White Sox way of being "must see" television! 😆

This is the approach I'm warming up to. If you're gonna be bad, might as well be entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Snopek said:

This is the approach I'm warming up to. If you're gonna be bad, might as well be entertaining.

The first 3 games were interesting to watch. Yesterday was abysmal. If 3 out of 4 are watchable this season, I'll take it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Let's say Grifol is gone after this season.  Who in their right mind wants to come to this circus of an organization?  I would be guessing they promote from within (Justin Jirschele). 

That’s a reason we ended up with Grifol in the first place. We missed our opportunity to have the pick of the litter, shat all over ourselves, and then nobody wanted the job (also JR would never pay for a top-tier manager either).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Let's say Grifol is gone after this season.  Who in their right mind wants to come to this circus of an organization?  I would be guessing they promote from within (Justin Jirschele). 

I would think the next two candidates they have circled for the job are the Paul Konerko statue in left field and Jerry Reinsdorf's dog.

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I would think the next two candidates they have circled for the job are the Paul Konerko statue in left field and Jerry Reinsdorf's dog.

Luna is very sweet....I would not wish that on her.

50 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Pedro's record as manager currently sits at 62 - 106. What comes first, his 120th loss or his 70th win? 

120 for sure, since 8 - 13 in their next 21 feels basically impossible. 

On 4/2/2024 at 1:09 PM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Not a bad idea. AJP would be good and in your scenario he gets to learn how to manage half a season. Also we make Tony watch this bad ballclub in action. It's almost torture to submit anybody to watch this team play baseball. Tony would be in baseball hell making out the lineup card for this monumentally awful club.

16 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I generally ignore his media quotes because there are much bigger issues/concerns with him, but what/who the hell is he talking about here? The second half of that quote is hurting my brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I generally ignore his media quotes because there are much bigger issues/concerns with him, but what/who the hell is he talking about here? The second half of that quote is hurting my brain.

Every time he opens his mouth, he says something stupid.  If the players play to their track records, they will be bad.  If they play better than their track records, they will still be bad.  Grifol is hilarious.  Maybe he is trolling all of us?

The only thing worse tham watching the team on the field is listening to Grifol's bull after the game trying to pretend the team is 'competing' etc.

I would much rather he just came out and said straight up that it was bad but what did you expect with this team of players, preferably followed up by announcing his resignation.

• Like 1