Sox conducting internal interviews to see if dramatic changes are needed

Buehrle>Wood

– The Chicago White Sox are conducting a series of internal interviews to determine whether dramatic changes are needed inside the front office or the coaching staff. This has been one of the most disappointing and painful seasons in chairman Jerry Reinsdorf’s tenure. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/08/20/baseball-movies-get-inspirational-boost-from-i-can-the-hill/70635811007/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

– The Chicago White Sox are conducting a series of internal interviews to determine whether dramatic changes are needed inside the front office or the coaching staff. This has been one of the most disappointing and painful seasons in chairman Jerry Reinsdorf’s tenure. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/08/20/baseball-movies-get-inspirational-boost-from-i-can-the-hill/70635811007/

Rick do you think dramatic changes are needed?

Rick Hahn's comments from Monday are just simply ignorant

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

4 hours ago, SoxFanForever said:

If they need to conduct interviews to figure this out they are worse off than we thought. 

Exactly and who is doing the interviewing and who are the ones that are being interviewed. What a sorry joke.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Ask the inmates of a jail if they deserve to be set free. Makes sense. 😆

Exactly what I thought. Do you think er need to fire you? 

The funny thing is no one will say they need to be fired, but others know something has to change so they will have to blame someone.  So there probably will be a token firing with everyone remaining knowing so.eone is willing to stab them in theback to save their cushy job.

If you don't know what's wrong , bringi

someone from the outside abd pay them to conduct these interviews and provide a report. And act on the report.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would only take this seriously if they brought in a proper baseball exec (like an Epstein) and that new exec would be doing the interviewing.

This could be a genuine effort, but I’m also still waiting for Elisha Cuthbert to return my email from 15 years ago to ask her out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

I would only take this seriously if they brought in a proper baseball exec (like an Epstein) and that new exec would be doing the interviewing.

This could be a genuine effort, but I’m also still waiting for Elisha Cuthbert to return my email from 15 years ago to ask her out.

If they brought in a consultant it would probably be LaRussa.

• Haha 4
  • TLR 5

29 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

This is PR. It is coming from Bob who gets his orders from Jerry himself. Its going to calm the fanbase, another 'carrot on the stick' approach by Jerry. Get everyone thinking change is coming when it most certainly is not. 

With a zinger thrown in about former White Sox Union rep Lucas Giolito.

USA Today is a fitting place for Bob to "work", then again so is the White Sox for all of Jerry's cronies, and Hahn's Michigan cronies.

Hope Brooks Boyer sells 0 season tickets beyond corporate sponsors forced to buy them. Insert flaccid arrow and kickbacks to Jerry.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 3

Normally this would make me excited, but what are the chances this is done correctly? What are the chances they bring in someone outside of their insular clown cabal? Real change needs to start at the absolute top if they want to even begin to approach a semblance of a modern day baseball organization.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Normally this would make me excited, but what are the chances this is done correctly? What are the chances they bring in someone outside of their insular clown cabal? Real change needs to start at the absolute top if they want to even begin to approach a semblance of a modern day baseball organization.

The most important thing is to get Hahn/Haber out of the building. Literally everything will change when those idiots are gone.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Internal Interviews  

Kenny  "JR, I could of done a better job than this Rick guy.  There are plenty of former Indians or players I coveted in the 2010's that are still bouncing around.  We can reload with that and make a run.  And if we need a player we have this new farm system to trade away from.  I can get some major leaguers for these guys.  Put me back in charge"

TLR "Jerry, huh.  Meh,   You need to get more ex-cardinals on the payroll. If we picked up a certain ex-cardinal manager instead of this KC guy we win the division.  My analytics guy and vet says we can do better with the players we have.  He did the computations on his calculator"

Getz "Lets get more Royals players.   We can do this on a cheaper payroll and hopefully we can get it right for once"

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The most important thing is to get Hahn/Haber out of the building. Literally everything will change when those idiots are gone.

How about the idiot above Hahn and his nepotism hire of a son running around in player development.