After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don’t like Moore at all but the guy did win a World Series and went to two and had a really fucking good team for a stretch.  By no means am I advocating for him but “what has he done!!?” Doesn’t really apply 

I mean Kenny Williams was better than him and it isn’t close.  16 years as GM with one 90 win season, 2 playoff berths and only 3 winning records while post 2015 he managed to build one of the worst teams in baseball with one of the worst farm systems in baseball?  Yeah, it’s clear he lucked into 2015 based on years and years of high draft  picks and sucking and having an outrageously good bullpen coalesce at the right time. 

• Thanks 1

If they do the Getz/Moore hirings, it'll be a big disappointment.  But, no matter who they put in the role(s), moving on from TA and Moncada and maybe even Jimenez will be a nice step forward.  The right decisions in the off season could make this team look drastically different and hopefully much better.

Regardless, 2024 looks like a let the kids play season.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Jerry, did you see how fucking decrepit Tony looked on the Cards' broadcast?

Holy s%*# he looks bad! I'm going to call him though to consult on a front office search

The walking dead leading this team is such fitting imagery. 

Edited by ScootsMcGoots

5 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I mean Kenny Williams was better than him and it isn’t close.  16 years as GM with one 90 win season, 2 playoff berths and only 3 winning records while post 2015 he managed to build one of the worst teams in baseball with one of the worst farm systems in baseball?  Yeah, it’s clear he lucked into 2015 based on years and years of high draft  picks and sucking and having an outrageously good bullpen coalesce at the right time. 

No matter what we say both of those guys have titles in their resumes, and when it is asked “what have they done?” This will be told to the person who asked because they actually did win it all.  Call it lightning in a bottle call it what you want but it’s still a title

and I want none of these guys near the Sox 

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

If they do the Getz/Moore hirings, it'll be a big disappointment.  But, no matter who they put in the role(s), moving on from TA and Moncada and maybe even Jimenez will be a nice step forward.  The right decisions in the off season could make this team look drastically different and hopefully much better.

Regardless, 2024 looks like a let the kids play season.

IMO that looks like an underwear gnomes chart.

Yoan Moncada is a 1 year, $29 million problem. The sox becoming a great team are not stopped by that. It's all the rest of the stuff that has not happened and Dayton Moore did not show to be acute at without damn near 8 year head start

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I’m fooling myself to believe Getz and Moore are just filling positions until the team is sold, ideally before the offseason. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the team is sold, but within the next 2-4 years seems like a more likely timeline.  You have to figure there are always buyers sniffing around multiple MLB teams.  If JR is truly thinking about selling, someone may come along with a stupid offer and speed up the process.

22 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

What has Getz accomplished? What has Dayton Moore accomplished? And Tony La Russa should be nowhere near the organization.

This is pitiful. An out of touch drunk, someone who’s achieved nothing but went out of his way to hire two abusers, and a man who went out his way to defend a pedophile and turned his org into an alt right cesspool.

JR is somehow putting the team in a worse position. 

Why the negativity? ;):D

Just now, bmags said:

well, hey, there is this. Not that McGuffy has anything. FWIW I don't think TLR ever left the org so I feel like this will be a quibble over whether he was "brought back"

Yeah he was already a consultant as far as I was aware. Didn't he make an appearance at Spring Training or somewhere before that caused some angst?

Hiring a 60 year old vet mildly increases the chances that Jerry is stripping the cupboard and preparing for a sale.  You don't bring in anyone interesting with grand ideas and outside the box plans just to handcuff them.  Moore screams caretaker during the sales process.   Kind of surprised Jerry didn't go for a woman or minority hire here, especially if he is throwing in the towel.  

Jerry has reason to believe the future is bright for his Chicago White Sox. If Jerry hires all three, who is the one voice / decision maker?

Would bet Jerry listens to Tony, just as he did when Tony told Jerry to fire Kenny and Rick.

Do we believe in Omar Vizquel & Wes Helms as managers and people? Perhaps Dayton Moore does.

Chris Getz built this

• Charlotte Knights 43-78
  • "Project" Birmingham 40-70

HOFer - Jerry's Dog Whisperer

F4DbQ9KW4AAVyXK?format=webp&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP