Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just out of curiosity who would be 1 and 2 ?

No way he would be lower than second based on last season…it would one of their infinite list of young LAD pitchers, so you’d pretty much have two quite similar 1A and 1B pieces (simply based on the fWAR put up so far by Outman vs. pitcher prospect hype) and then a fringey guy like the two lottery tickets we got in the trade for intl. bonus pool money (used on one of the best young Koreans)

On 11/23/2023 at 7:51 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Orioles fans think Joey Ortiz and a guy in their teens is a fair deal for Cease?  What do you guys think?  Is that a move that Getz should make?

No it's not and the market for front line starters is pretty well established. That isn't going to get it done unless the person in the teens is Holliday.

Edited by wrathofhahn

From Jim Bowden…lol:

Trade proposal: I like Dylan Ceasegoing to the Reds. What minor-league package plus Jonathan India would it take to acquire him? — Tim O.

You like it, I love it — a Cease trade to the Reds makes a lot of sense. How about India and right-hander Ty Floyd for him? The White Sox have to make that trade. Floyd, 22, was a first-round pick (No. 38) in this year’s MLB Draft after dominating at LSU. The White Sox control Cease for only two more years. They’d get their long-term solution at second base with India and a starter with similar upside to Cease but many more years of team control. Maybe the Reds would have to throw in a kicker too, but there is a deal to be made here.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Haha 1

Love Jim Bowden at the athletic and not James Fegan

Trade proposal: I like Dylan Ceasegoing to the Reds. What minor-league package plus Jonathan India would it take to acquire him? — Tim O.

You like it, I love it — a Cease trade to the Reds makes a lot of sense. How about India and right-hander Ty Floyd for him? The White Sox have to make that trade. Floyd, 22, was a first-round pick (No. 38) in this year’s MLB Draft after dominating at LSU. The White Sox control Cease for only two more years. They’d get their long-term solution at second base with India and a starter with similar upside to Cease but many more years of team control. Maybe the Reds would have to throw in a kicker too, but there is a deal to be made here.”

Sorry cannot copy link out of athletic app

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I stopped reading at Jonathan India.

I'd trade for him but he's a buy low option not a centerpiece.

We should be stocking up on guys who are pump and dump options as we start the rebuild. The more of these guys we bring in and are successful with the shorter the rebuild ends up being.

One of the huge issues with Hahn is just how bad he was at doing this and signing free agents.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I'd trade for him but he's a buy low option not a centerpiece.

We should be stocking up on guys who are pump and dump options as we start the rebuild. The more of these guys we bring in and are successful with the shorter the rebuild ends up being.

One of the huge issues with Hahn is just how bad he was at doing this and signing free agents.

We don't need anymore right handed average players. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

We don't need anymore right handed average players. 

This team isn't winning anything the goal shouldn't be to build the perfect lineup it should be to get as many depressed assets as possible and hope their values can rebuilt and be moved later. So I could care less if the fit is perfect. Is he available and can he be had at a low cost those are the only two things the sox should be concerned about.

This isn't going to be a one or two year process. But to stay on point India doesn't have the value to frontline a cease trade and I have no interest in him beyond being a buy low option

8 hours ago, bmags said:

Love Jim Bowden at the athletic and not James Fegan

You like it, I love it — a Cease trade to the Reds makes a lot of sense. How about India and right-hander Ty Floyd for him? The White Sox have to make that trade. Floyd, 22, was a first-round pick (No. 38) in this year’s MLB Draft after dominating at LSU. The White Sox control Cease for only two more years. They’d get their long-term solution at second base with India and a starter with similar upside to Cease but many more years of team control. Maybe the Reds would have to throw in a kicker too, but there is a deal to be made here.”

Sorry cannot copy link out of athletic app

Ok, wait, the first round has 38+ picks in it???

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Jonathan India is just a guy. A far cry from his ROY season. Stay far far away. 

I’d rather go with Nicky Lopez, and he’s not a legitimate starter, or a current White Sox prospect.

Trade for legitimate A - AAA prospects (A AA Preferred), or keep Cease until they can get the best prospect return if current packages are not strong.

22 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

It's a truly terrible proposal and I feel dumber for having read it earlier today. Bowden thinking it's good tells me all I need to know.

How does Bowden have a job? It's mind boggling thinking he was ever a GM. His trade proposals are always so completely asinine. Is that his schtick or something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How does Bowden have a job? It's mind boggling thinking he was ever a GM. His trade proposals are always so completely asinine. Is that his schtick or something?

He also said he thought the Sox would be player for Aaron Judge in FA 😂

• Haha 1

Yeah, I guess I don't understand the point of trading Cease to fill holes. If you're going to trade Cease, which seems like the likely outcome, they need to focus on getting a team to move 3 of their top prospects. Why do we care about trading for a 2B who isn't going to make much of a difference on a team that would likely lose 90+ games? Trading Cease means you are rebuilding. They may not want to use that word, but if they want to scare off the remaining fanbase, trade him for major league talent that just fills holes to "shake things up". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic