Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Vote4Pedro said:

find some diamond in the rough type of pitchers or ones on 1-2 year bounce back type of seasons. 

I find it weird that they're even getting priced out of the bounce-back or show-me contract market. I'm liking the "island of misfit toys" assemblage of cast-offs. 

1 hour ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Sox aren’t in the market for any of those guys. It’s been clear with all these acquisitions they are going to try and find some diamond in the rough type of pitchers or ones on 1-2 year bounce back type of seasons. 

I think they’re mostly done on SP. Probably add one more low-ish cost SP via FA and of course may well get a rotation option in the Cease deal. 

Soroka, FA, Fedde, Kopech, Touki is very likely the starting 5 in April with Scholtens, Schuster, and Nastrini next in line and Mena/Eder options by mid season perhaps. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I find it weird that they're even getting priced out of the bounce-back or show-me contract market. I'm liking the "island of misfit toys" assemblage of cast-offs. 

I really don’t think it’s “priced out”, it just doesn’t really make sense for the Sox to be in on relatively expensive multi year deals right now. Signing a decent #3 starter to a multi year doesn’t help anything. The last thing I want Getz to be doing is plugging holes on this sinking ship of a roster.
I suspect they’ll take a shot on a 1 year “prove it” type of contract they can flip at the deadline if it works out. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Very minor issue and off topic; however, is Touki still under Sox control or is he a free agent?

Under control through 2026 via arb, if Sox continue to tender him. They already did for 2024.

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I suspect they’ll take a shot on a 1 year “prove it” type of contract they can flip at the deadline if it works out. 

That's what I was talking about. Guys like Severino, Manaea or Flaherty. Frankie Montas. If Lance Lynn is worth $10 million, these guys look like 2/25 or 3/40 candidates. 

52 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That's what I was talking about. Guys like Severino, Manaea or Flaherty. Frankie Montas. If Lance Lynn is worth $10 million, these guys look like 2/25 or 3/40 candidates. 

Maybe…but do they actually want 2 year deals? Maybe a player option, but most of those guys would rather have a 1 year deal so they can cash in on a multi year deal after. Doesn’t really make sense for them to sign a multi year deal when their value isn’t as high as it should/could be 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Dammit....LAD and NYY just made a trade and Vivas going to NYY. I wanted him as a secondary piece in an LAD Cease trade. 

If the Dodgers were willing to part with him so easily for 40 man space we should have done something. 

Sweeney is a pretty good prospect 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic