Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yikes. Make it stop, mods. 

For real. This guy has nothing better to do than post all day on an opposing team fan site. There would be about 50 less pages in this thread. Can we all just put them on ignore?

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yikes. Make it stop, mods. 

I come back and check on this thread a few times a day and there's like 3-4 pages of the same argument regurgitated over and over again. This is just straight up trolling at this point. Stop feeding the trolls. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

As a peace offering, I will also stop posting at the Hangout.  While I’ve tried to be respectful over there, it’s clear I’m not overly popular with a subset of their posters and I don’t need to create more animosity between the two boards.

Well, you’re better than the one posting here, I’ll say that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No, I respect the opinion of a lot of people here..just not you. You don’t deserve respect. You are a 🤡 that hasn’t provided any value. You are a joke.

I like grapes.

I did my part and used the Hall of Fame list feature. Congrats.

So… grapes… green or red? Purple?? I really like the hybrid varieties that they make these days.

Cotton candy grapes rock. That’s some Willy Wonka s%*#.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Are you serious?  Are you really going to say that me (or any other Os fan) is Getting offended by the sticker price?  You guys have done nothing but b**** and moan over us saying certain guys wouldn’t be available or whatever.  You are 100% taking this personal.

As for what the WS are asking for, I could give a sh!t. Getz is doing everything correctly right now. But what they ask for now and before now is irrelevant because it’s not a deal that will happen. I know this because it would happen.

So no, as someone who has had businesses that buys and sells stuff on a daily basis, I am the furthest person from being “angry” about any request.  There is not one person involved in any of these negotiations that is doing anything wrong.

Says the most reactionary poster to grace this board in quite a while. 

Seriously, why haven’t you fucked off yet?

4 hours ago, Rolle Tide said:

So …The Yankees are projected about $40 million over the luxury tax with estimated arb numbers. They can’t go for both unless they completely blow up their cap number. So I’m not sure Snell is even on the table for them. Cease makes sense with his contract but they have to be willing to take a significant hit to the top of their farm.

Yeah that's basically it and Hal cares about money a whole lot more than his Dad so he's likely pushing Cashman towards the Cease option rather than getting into another bad contract. 

Or at least that's my hope. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Fair enough.

Everyone is simply getting frustrated.

Guaranteed that definite movement with Imanaga in the next week will lead eventually to Snell and Montgomery, but Boras FA's typically go down to the last minute.

Meaning this could drag on for weeks unless two teams are willing to meet Boras hyper aggressive price points.

I think you make an important point here regarding Boras, Snell and Montgomery.

If Getz is indeed waiting for Snell and Montgomery to come off the board before he thinks he'll get serious offers he has no reason to come off any perceived high asking price until then.

If Boras drags this out I'm think Sox fans should be prepared for this to go beyond January . James Fox recently stated he expected Cease to be traded before the end of January. So I'm going to go on record just to say I disagree with James without benefits of insider knowledge.

I really hope that James knows more than he's letting on and it does get done in January but there are still 2 Boras clients to be moved .

As usual Bora's clients are mostly unsigned.  Often times, some do not sign even after spring training starts.  Waiting for Snell and Montgomery to sign may not be a good idea.  Most teams want players to work on certain things during spring training.  

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nightengale predicts that Cease won’t be moved because asking price hasn’t been met. Said Sox are asking for two premium prospects and two more prospects. Price seems realistic to me. I still think he moves. 

Couldn’t this just be more planted messages of posturing relayed to Bob from his friends Jerry/Getz?

9 hours ago, fathom said:

Yordan Basallo is supposed to be an untouchable.  But yes, this article sucks.  That Cubs package would be way too good 

So IMO, Basallo, Mayo , and Kjerstad are all bat 1st 1B, DH, RF types. Big slow guys, there is hope Mayo’s defense will play at 3B because of his arm. How many of that type of players do the Orioles need? 

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And what are Getz’s initial demands for Cease?  Do you have the list of players?  If so, please share…

You will dismiss this but …..

According to Jason Williams of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Chicago asked Cincinnati for a combination of Rhett Lowder, Chase Petty, Connor Phillips, Edwin Arroyo and an unnamed prospect. 

14 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nightengale predicts that Cease won’t be moved because asking price hasn’t been met. Said Sox are asking for two premium prospects and two more prospects. Price seems realistic to me. I still think he moves. 

Teams are testing Getz resolve.  They have to get it out there that they don't HAVE to trade him now.  This is just more postering.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

You will dismiss this but …..

“Just Baseball” has Lowder at #56 and Arroyo at #98 on their top 100 prospect list. The other two are unranked. I see nothing wrong with that asking price outside of 5 prospects may be a bit too much and 3/4 is more realistic. But it’s not like some crazy ask or anything.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

“Just Baseball” has Lowder at #56 and Arroyo at #98 on their top 100 prospect list. The other two are unranked. I see nothing wrong with that asking price outside of 5 prospects may be a bit too much and 3/4 is more realistic. But it’s not like some crazy ask or anything.

With “a combination of,” I don’t read it as saying he was asking for all 5. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Teams are testing Getz resolve.  They have to get it out there that they don't HAVE to trade him now.  This is just more postering.  

Right. The more I think about it, I really don’t see the Yankees signing Snell or Montgomery since they’re already projected to run a payroll well exceeding the luxury tax threshold. And when you look at their projected rotation, they realistically need a reliable #2 and another back end starter. Cease makes way too much sense for their situation unless they really want to roll the dice on a guy like Stroman.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

MLB has Lowder #41, Arroyo #57,  Phillips #68, Petty , and a lottery ticket for the sake of argument. There #2, #3, #4, and #6 prospects graded (55,55, 55, and 50).

Let’s do this another way, if you were a Reds fan would you think this is a reasonable offer? If you say yes you’re just not being objective about it. If I’m a Reds fans it’s a hell to the no and quickly. I don’t blame the Reds for moving on. 

Cease would be a good addition to almost any team. He’s got a really reasonable contract, has 2 years of control, and has potential to give you ace production. But, the ask is so high that they can’t find a buyer. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic