Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

27 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Cease struggling to hit 94 in bullpens is a big yikes. 

No it isn't. Pitchers need to build back up to game velocity. He's where he needs to be right now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's Feb 7th for god's sake.  The absolute worst thing if Cease doesn't get traded will be everyone falling over themselves to be the first to diagnose an injury.  OH MY GOD HIS VELO IS DOWN .8675309 MPH!!!  i KNEW IT!!!! I SAID HE WAS GOING TO HURT!!!! HE'S HURT AND NOW HIS ARM IS GOING TO BE AMPUTATED!!!  OH THE HUMANITY!

Nolan Ryan threw out the first pitch at age 65 and hit 87.  Cease should roll out of bed and hit a 100.

Green font needs to be brought back now more than ever. 

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

My god.

That article mentioned nothing about "struggling to hit 94." It said he's encouraged to be at 94 and meeting his goal of a mile per bullpen session. Can't you just wait and see how it plays out Instead of just feeding everything into your miserable dour Cease scenario? You are like Parkman reincarnated.

You know I'm only expecting that because of it would be very White Sox. Murphy was an optimist. 

We might be sitting here in July lamenting the fact that the Sox didn't take the Burnes package. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's Feb 7th for god's sake.  The absolute worst thing if Cease doesn't get traded will be everyone falling over themselves to be the first to diagnose an injury.  OH MY GOD HIS VELO IS DOWN .8675309 MPH!!!  i KNEW IT!!!! I SAID HE WAS GOING TO HURT!!!! HE'S HURT AND NOW HIS ARM IS GOING TO BE AMPUTATED!!!  OH THE HUMANITY!

This might be the first good post you’ve ever had on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Can't wait for those threads as you are correct. 

18 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

You know I'm only expecting that because of it would be very White Sox. Murphy was an optimist. 

We might be sitting here in July lamenting the fact that the Sox didn't take the Burnes package. 

If the first half goes terribly, I will still say it was worth skipping that package. That package does not reshape the white Sox and is only a minor contribution to its next competitive team. Failing to take it doesn’t change their next competitive window to my eyes - heck, even if the Brewers rapidly turn them both into all stars, I won’t believe the White Sox could Have done the same. Lopez has to play somewhere, after all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Cease struggling to hit 94 in bullpens is a big yikes. 

You are panicking over a bullpen in February, a week before pitchers and catchers have even reported to camp.

Call the folks at Guinness, as I think we have a new world's record.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If Cease is "struggling" to hit 94mph come April, then I'll be concerned. This sounds perfectly normal and there is zero reason for alarm in early February.

I remember when Kimbrel came into camp barely throwing 90. He still ended up throwing at least 94 when he started the season with the Dodgers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are panicking over a bullpen in February, a week before pitchers and catchers have even reported to camp.

Call the folks at Guinness, as I think we have a new world's record.

Are you sure about this? I'm not even sure if it is the Soxtalk record. Not going to name names~

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

The Burnes package was hot garbage.

I dont care if he gets hurt.

No means no. 

And even you agreed with us that a "fair" package would include one of the LH OFers instead of the draft pick. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The Burnes package was hot garbage.

I dont care if he gets hurt.

No means no. 

And even you agreed with us that a "fair" package would include one of the LH OFers instead of the draft pick. 

This just isn’t true though. I wouldn’t have taken the package for Dylan Cease but it was fine for one year of Burnes. 

Regarding the Burnes package, Joey Ortiz is probably a ~2 win SS and Hall will likely be a quality LH setup man.  While not sexy, it’s a lot of cheap production and they save quite a bit of money and maintain the draft pick they would have gotten for Burnes had he left in free agency.  Doesn’t seem that unbalanced to me.

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Regarding the Burnes package, Joey Ortiz is probably a ~2 win SS and Hall will likely be a quality LH setup man.  While not sexy, it’s a lot of cheap production and they save quite a bit of money and maintain the draft pick they would have gotten for Burnes had he left in free agency.  Doesn’t seem that unbalanced to me.

Especially when you consider he is a 1 year rental and you are paying him 15 million for this one season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

$15 million for a front line pitcher is like half price.

Absolutely, I just meant the return was fair for a rental player making $15 million.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic