ST Thread

pcq

I missed this nugget in the Merkin piece "predicting" Moustakas, Pillar and Mendick will be the 2024 OD Bench.

Apparently Tony, Getz and or Grifol think giving Eloy Jimenez a outfielder glove is a good idea,

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/chicago-white-sox-primary-designated-hitter-eloy-jimenez-could-play-right-field-in-2024

He could see a few games in right field.

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I missed this nugget in the Merkin piece "predicting" Moustakas, Pillar and Mendick will be the 2024 OD Bench.

Apparently Tony, Getz and or Grifol think giving Eloy Jimenez a outfielder glove is a good idea,

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/chicago-white-sox-primary-designated-hitter-eloy-jimenez-could-play-right-field-in-2024

I'll never say a bad thing about Danny Mendick. He was doing well in his role until Haseley was unable to call for a ball.

Moustakas has no place near this roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I'll never say a bad thing about Danny Mendick. He was doing well in his role until Haseley was unable to call for a ball.

Lunacy.  Doesn't have an arm any better than Pollock and likely worse for that spot.

Same way we got stuck with Vaughn and Sheets and even Palka out there.

Flies directly in the face of all this incessant preaching about defense.

8 hours ago, Quin said:

Of the three, he is fine as the last guy since he can cover multiple infield and outfield positions. Soda should play regularly either across all three infield positions or let him start at 2B and bounce Lopez around.

Liking breaking in Colas at 1B as well. The more multi position players the Sox can develop the better. When I mean multi-position, I mean average plus across multiple positions, not the Tony / Hahn roster several DH / 1B types and play them out of position.

Fun fact: we have the worst run differential in all of baseball so far this spring!

Yes!! That’s right folks… we’re the BEST at something already!!!

• Paper Bag 2

19 hours ago, hi8is said:

Fun fact: we have the worst run differential in all of baseball so far this spring!

Yes!! That’s right folks… we’re the BEST at something already!!!

yikes

I think Jordan Leasure should break camp with the team. 

He is a RP, there's no point in sending him back to the majors when the Sox are projected to lose 100 games this year. Put him in the pen and give the 7th or low leverage situations to start. Maybe use him as an opener but that would require a manager with a brain.

1 minute ago, Boopa1219 said:

I think Jordan Leasure should break camp with the team. 

He is a RP, there's no point in sending him back to the majors when the Sox are projected to lose 100 games this year. Put him in the pen and give the 7th or low leverage situations to start. Maybe use him as an opener but that would require a manager with a brain.

I don't think it is that likely just because he'd need to be added to the 40 man, likely along with 4-5 other NRIs. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 5:54 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

Make that seven Sox pitchers already having injury-issues 😆

First class training, conditioning medical staff right there friends!

It's not his throwing shoulder. Why do White Sox injuries make you so gleeful?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2