Moncada out 3-6 months, Colás recalled

On 4/10/2024 at 6:19 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

MiLB max. Unless they can extend him now for like a mill.

For the love of God, move on from him. Don't give him another dime, he will always be a broken down horse.

My opinion on all the running injuries, hgh, bodybuilding, and running don't mix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2024 at 6:42 PM, sin city sox fan said:

Does anyone think that part of the blame for these injuries may be on Grifol instead of the training staff?   Maybe programs are designed for these with continual injuries and just not being followed.   The training staff may be on the locker room dealing with injured players (taping, massages, etc) pregame and Grifol needs to make sure they are following recommended pregame routines.    Since players obviously have no respect for him and don't listen to him about anything else, why would they listen to him if this is the case.    I know the player still holds a great deal of responsibility if this is the case but we need a leader for this team to make sure these young men don't make mistakes.   

I understand that people are angry with the White Sox organization and Grifol, but I don't start to understand how people can be blaming Grifol for these injuries. 

All three of these were continually injured for the two or three years before Grifol became manager. Moncada and Eloy certainly and Robert a ton in the minors and his first year. 

Does Grifol get credit for keeping Robert (relatively) injury free last year?  No, of course not; it was luck. These guys just get injured continually. It woudn't matter if Jesus Christ was manager. 

• Like 3

On 4/10/2024 at 6:28 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Does bro know he's coaching a 40 win team projected to finish league last in runs? Mofo giving quotes like he's got the '27 Yankees. 

I actually think that's a jab at JR. For anyone wanting Getz fired this quote might piss JR off enough to do it. Of course it would be after Getz contract runs out.

27 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

✔️ get hurt on a routine play

✔️ try to play through an injury after your organization questions your manhood in the press

✔️ Get hurt worse and more long term

✔️ start planting stories about them coming back early

Guilt players into coming back too earlier.  <--- YOU ARE HERE

Be ineffective because still not 100%

Get hurt again.

You can see where we are right now on the check list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

✔️ get hurt on a routine play

✔️ try to play through an injury after your organization questions your manhood in the press

✔️ Get hurt worse and more long term

✔️ start planting stories about them coming back early

Guilt players into coming back too earlier.  <--- YOU ARE HERE

Be ineffective because still not 100%

Get hurt again.

You can see where we are right now on the check list.

Rose Lonzo LaVine Robert is just six weeks away from returning!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:50 PM, Milkman delivers said:

Seems none of Robert, Eloy, or Moncada are to see those 150 games.

150 games on the IL, definitely. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

The crack medical and training staff figured it out, huh? If I play for the White Sox, I get a second and third opinion on absolutely everything. To say the organization doesn't have the best interests of their players in mind, would be the understatement of the century. 

A sneak peak of Jerry behind the scenes:

varsity-blues-give-him-the-shot.gif

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

Getting both of them back won't do a damn thing, they'll be hopelessly DOA in last place.

Maybe they can get something for them at the deadline if they don't hurt themselves again along with Jimenez.  

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd bet he's back playing games in the minors by the middle of June. I'd bet he's back in Chicago by July. I think he's going to be closer to 8 weeks than 12. 

Let's hope so...maybe then the Sox can trade him for anything. 

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Let's hope so...maybe then the Sox can trade him for anything. 

That's the definition of every Sox trade. There's too much anything in this organization.  I equate it as nothing.  We still have hopes of that lightning in a bottle.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That's the definition of every Sox trade. There's too much anything in this organization.  I equate it as nothing.  We still have hopes of that lightning in a bottle.

Anything is about all you are going to get for this stiff. But that's better than nothing given the circumstances and his production.