Joc to Cubs

bmags

The White Sox offered Pederson a one-year contract worth at least $10 million, but he asked for more money and was turned down, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The club filled its hole with Adam Eaton. He signed a one-year, $7-million deal with a club option for 2022 last month.

It appears that Joc overplayed his hand a bit.

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

I also love how people complain about choosing Eaton over Joc as if it was a draft and we could just select whichever player we want.  That's not how free agency works. Like somebody mentioned, Joc might have wanted to play every day.  Or maybe Joc was asking for more money a month ago and we didn't want to be left with nobody. 

Looks like I nailed it with this post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

And 2/20 would have been perfectly reasonable given that we need a bridge to Colas/Cespedes who can at the same time be a key contributor to the first part of the window. 

No way the Sox should have offered 2/20 to a guy who couldn't get more than 1/7 from anybody else.

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

So during the deadline we'll acquire him after Eaton gets hurt at some point. 

Man I hope so. Joc overplayed his hand and the White Sox went home with Adam Eaton immediately as if he wasn't also going to be around on January 29th.

34 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Eaton's defense is very overrated because of how good he was in 2016. He hasn't been close to that guy ever since leaving the Sox

I don’t really see why it should be such a dramatic drop off for him- gonna have to wait to see how he plays to get a feel for this

Edited by Jerksticks