8/5 White Sox vs Royals 7:10 pm

Kyyle23

26 minutes ago, wegner said:

Excellent idea to start this GT early to get that last game behind us.

Just win series and we can still win this one.

That gamethread was going off the rails it needed to end 😂 

• Haha 1

Today is the 9th day since July 21 that the Sox have started with a 9 or 9.5 game division lead. In all of the previous 8, the Sox lost and/or Cleveland won.

I posted this in last night's game thread so today is now the 10th day. Gonna keep posting this until it's no longer true.

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Why would Leury play LF and Vaughn RF? Doesn't make sense.

Because the final lineup stands a good chance of being Vaughn in RF, Eloy in LF, and Sheets or something like that at DH, with Robert in CF between them, and to get there Vaughn will need RF reps in games. In his first game out there last week he badly misplayed a ball, which is better off happening now than in the playoffs. Eloy in LF would be fine in this setup, except he is still recovering from his most recent injury so they are DHing him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Why would Leury play LF and Vaughn RF? Doesn't make sense.

Probably cause Eloy is going to be in LF 2 of the 3 Cubs games, and they want Vaughn in RF those games.  So getting him reps. 

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'm loving more that TLR has moved Vaughn up to the #5 spot. He's been our best hitter for a while now.

I agree.  TLR has been wise to not push Vaughn faster with such limited experience ...but now is the time IMO.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic