ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Usually Lynn doesn't get punished this badly when he has nothing. This is the best lineup in baseball and they match up well against him. Even if he had his best stuff and location I doubt he'd do well against them. 

Or the Dodgers with healthy Muncy and Bellinger...and Toronto the last 6 weeks. 

But yeah Myers and Maldonado the only chances to breathe a little easier.

8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Would have started Giolito today andCease tomorrow.  Lynn at GRF.  Not having HFA hurts.  Team is more listless that they would have been at GRF.

Should have started Giolito today and Rodopech tomorrow. Cease is bad on the road.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Has nothing to do with not walking him and everything to do with letting Lynn face him.  He had zero business still being in the game.

The Sox had about a 15% chance of winning that game when it was 3-0. Imo it is the right decision to not pull your ace pitcher in the 4th. Either he gets out of it and you can still win it or you just take the L. Can't win a game if you put in the pen early and you don't want to burn your good pen guys early in a game you are likely to lose anyway. 

I mean reylo is basically your mop up guy, you are not winning with him either so you would have needed to bring in one of your big 4 to save it which you are not doing down 3 0 in game 1.

I think after being down 3 0 it is right to take the gamble, either your ace somehow figures it out or you are losing anyway, can't waste your good pen guys in that spot. 

4 minutes ago, Friend of Nordhagen said:

Has not been the same since he was hit by the ball in the Oakland dugout. I'm surprised we haven't really focused on that.

He went 17 for 79 (.215) since that crazy dugout incident.

.268 for the season, before that.

Maybe there is more to that, who knows.

• Like 1