AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Quin

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The last couple weeks are the best Eloy has looked at the plate since 2020. His statcast data has been Aaron Judge level good lately. Him being healthy enough to mash could be a total game changer for this team.

Eloy has been hitting the heck out of the ball recently. Even his outs are hard hit. Eloy looks dangerous again. I hope the team isn't stupid enough to trade him. Its a different lineup when he's hitting.

• Like 1

Our big boys have not been hitting enough HR this year.  Burger added HR power to the line-up so I would like to see him back. 

Other thoughts:

Zavala has earned a spot on the roster. He is seeing the ball and his D has improved.

I was not that impressed after one good game by Sheets.  I would not mind it if they sent Sheets down  and brought  Colas up, or traded Sheets

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

Eloy has been hitting the heck out of the ball recently. Even his outs are hard hit. Eloy looks dangerous again. I hope the team isn't stupid enough to trade him. Its a different lineup when he's hitting.

If Eloy and Robert can get on their games, the offense will look much better. He's swinging the bat well. Time to move him up in the lineup. Pollock should not be hitting third if Eloy is playing. Should never be in the third spot if both Eloy and Robert are both playing.

17 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Yes, this is obvious. Hahn understands. Eloy won’t be traded however because his value is at an all time low. Hahn can be dumb, but he’s not about that life. Not many GMs would do that. Yeah, Eloy can hit. Its a different lineup when he’s hitting. But him being available is the problem that has affected both him and the lineup. 

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

This run from cease is every bit as good as that one Arietta run that won him a cy young but with about 1/100th of the fanfare

They are the Cubs.  The Cubs though were seen as an efficiently built, talented team on the rise iirc, which was true. This season the Sox organization and team are dragging him down. If Cease did this on a 2021 team that sustained first half greatness, the hype would be pretty nice. Not that he isn’t getting shafted in general on Sportscenter and MLB.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

2 back

This might be the first time we've been this close to the Twins since May. 

Also the Padres got Luis Garcia for 2 years and $7 million. He's throwing 101 MPH sinkers. That's a way better investment than Kelly or Graveman. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Also the Padres got Luis Garcia for 2 years and $7 million. He's throwing 101 MPH sinkers. That's a way better investment than Kelly or Graveman. 

Garcia was throwing some insane stuff in the 9th

21 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Maybe that's who they thought they were offering 3 years/$15.5 million but the offer went to the wrong Garcia.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

2 games back, and a weird complaint from a megaposter about a RP who hasnt been as good as Graveman. That makes the win even better lol.

1 minute ago, CeaseAndExist said:

2 games back, and a weird complaint from a megaposter about a RP who hasnt been as good as Graveman. That makes the win even better lol.

Garcia is worth twice the amount of WAR Graveman has produced for about 1/3 of the salary. He's actually produced more than Kelly and Graveman combined this year. 

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Yes!  Just gotta keep him @ DH so we can enjoy his bat.  He can barely run, putting him in the outfield is criminal.  He won’t last out there.

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

They aren’t trading Eloy. That would be nuts right now. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Garcia is worth twice the amount of WAR Graveman has produced for about 1/3 of the salary. He's actually produced more than Kelly and Graveman combined this year. 

Rick Hahn & poor FA spending, name a better combo. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1