Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

54 minutes ago, wegner said:

I don't mind the idea of Manaea, but boy do we have a pretty awful track record when trading with the A's....please don't give up too much for 1 year of his services.

The only thing that might make me willing to pay a bit more for Manaea is that he's a local guy and that might make him more likely to stick around after 1 year.

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Trading Vaughn for 3 arb years of a decent SP (career fip around 4.5) would be awful. 

For the right sp, i disagree. I would do vaugh for gallen every time, but idk contract details on gallen off hand. I think means for vaughn is close.. id have to seriously consider it. Vaughn just doesn’t fit on this team permitting we get a solid rf in free agency

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

For the right sp, i disagree. I would do vaugh for gallen every time, but idk contract details on gallen off hand. I think means for vaughn is close.. id have to seriously consider it. Vaughn just doesn’t fit on this team permitting we get a solid rf in free agency

Gallen is pitching with a partially torn UCL and missed a large chunk of last season. 

5 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I was referring to Means.  Disagree that Vaughn doesn’t fit this team. 

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

I need to take a moment to absorb the fact that we currently have a 208 million payroll and our insiders are talking about us like we dont mind spending up to the CBT of 30 million. What bizarro world is this?

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Trading Vaughn for 3 arb years of a decent SP (career fip around 4.5) would be awful. 

Vaughn panning out would allow them to let Abreu walk after this year. They're gonna be flirting with the CBT for a few years here, and they'll have a lot of contracts and regressions to deal with over the next two years, so having a guy who can match or eclipse Abreu's production at a low cost would be pretty damn clutch insofar as a 'sustained run of success' is concerned. 

Not to think too far ahead but I'd hate to see the FO hasten the return to vintage Sox ball, scrapping for 83 wins and a WC3 slot.

Edited by KBX