Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Unfortunately they need someone exactly like that though because the players do whatever the hell they want to. 

For sure, but not someone who is going to go on the radio and bring more attention to the craziness of the White Sox manager. I think Ozzie has a perfect job on the pre and post game show. Low stress, probably makes a decent amount, and he is insightful and entertaining.

Edited by Dick Allen

This is supposed to be in the heart of the Sox World Series window.

Instead it's a below .500, drama-filled disaster. 

Just don't find the humor in any of this. It's all just such a wasted opportunity. It was all right there for the taking. 

I've said it before and I'm sure it will be said again. I just can't fathom how these billion-dollar businesses are run so poorly. Boggles the mind. 

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 1

Just now, Tony said:

Just don't find the humor in any of this. It's all just such a wasted opportunity. It was all right there for the taking. 

I've said it before and I'm sure it will be said again. I just can't fathom how these billion-dollar businesses are run so poorly. Boggles the mind. 

Congressionally granted monopolies have their advantages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Look at how the Blackhawks let Bowman trade a ridiculous amount for Seth Jones when he already had a foot and a half out the door. 

It's boggling. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

IMO it's because sports teams are usually owned by business people who made a ton of money, so were very successful running other buisinesses, and its the only way they know how. But pro sports doesn't work that way, especially for winning. You have to take big gambles, you have to be prepared to lose lots of money at times  Profits can't be that high on the priority list,if you really want to be a team that wins all the time. JR is fiscally conservative. That can work in other businesses, but it's not going to bring you titles in MLB.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is wild that it is Ozzie Guillen who is putting this mess on to the national stage and the front page of Chicago sports news.  It is just a statement as to how leaderless this franchise is right now.

Yep. No huevos in the entire organization. Everyone sits on their hands not doing or saying anything and it’s your post game analyst that is yelling to the clouds WTF and no one else says a word. Kinda crazy how this whole thing has come full circle since Ozzie’s departure through Robin and Ricky and now TLR. No leadership/accountability being held in the org ever since he walked out the door.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

And there is no way this ass clown ever gets a big league managing job again.  But you do you Oz.

What has Ozzie said that was wrong? Just because he said what everyone else has witnessed and is thinking doesn’t make him the bad guy. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

Tony should and likely will be fired but that won't do much for the team or for fans that had and have inflated and unrealistic expectations for a very mediocre team.

The Sox are what I thought they were....a 3rd Place team in the Central.

These guys are not the Yankees.

This has been a delightful 48 hours in terms of public skewering of TLR.  Absolutely love it.  

Still don't think Tony gets fired (you can call it a promotion if you'd like, whatever), but feels more realistic than ever he won't finish the year as the manager.  I fucking hate waiting until the ASB tho.  These next 5 games before the ASB are absolutely critical to getting back into this thing.  If they do under Tony's watch, it feels like it could be enough to sway old man Jerry into hanging on.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

For all you Ozzie haters.....the man brought a World Series to Chicago, end of story.  It wasn't happening in 2005 without Ozzie's leadership and we would currently have the longest losing streak in baseball without him.

We had 5 lock down starters in 2005 and close to a lock down bullpen in the play-off run.

Our 2022  line-up is overrated and are close to last in mlb in home runs. 

Bad team, bad Manager and bad coaches. Start at the top but don't stop there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Gotta love Ozzie, not afraid to tell it like it is.  He's absolutely right and so is Pod's.

Well, he tells it like he says after JR gives the signal it's OK to go after Tony. Tony has been screwing up since he was hired, and none of Jerry's paid media cronies said boo until this week.

39 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Ozzie is the voice we need against Larussa to get more National attention.

Could have used Ozzie's voice after Tony destroyed Yermin's season last May. His only criticism regarding Tony came this week, and is limited to Tony being too soft on players, not on the asinine things he says and does on a daily basis. 

There is far more wrong with Tony's managerial stint than "being soft on players". Ozzie and Steve Stone know it, but were too cowardly to speak a word of it until now. Ozzie doesn't want to upset his Sugar Daddy, also said he loves Jerry more than his Father because he made him the man he is.

Ozzie's team tuned him out after a couple years, and they sucked ass for most of his tenure because he was also a shitshow, just in a more entertaining fashion than Tony.

• Like 1