Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M

Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Nice. 

I'm mystified that we can't afford anything one minute but somehow are prolly gonna shell out 4/70 or something in that area the next second. Either they have something lined up already to shed payroll or someone persuaded JR to ease up a bit.

We know KW loved this kid going back to the draft and PG prolly also gave him a stamp of approval I assume from KC.

His stats vs ALC are very good. 

Classic underpromise, over deliver strategy. They'll come out with some comments saying despite prior announcements, they saw an opportunity to get better so they pushed the budget and hopefully the fans reward them via attendance. Blah blah blah.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Nimmo given where the Sox are in their competitive window. But I'll take all 3, honestly. Beggers can't be choosers and the Sox need outfielders.

The Sox still need another OFer if they sign Benintendi. 

• Like 3

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Signing Benintendi
  • Quin pinned this topic
Just now, Timmy U said:

I think this for sure means they are going with Colas in right.  They may sign a back up ala Engel, but they're not going to spend any more on OF, imho.

I know they're going with Colas in RF, but we still need a 4th OFer. Depending on Victor Reyes or Mark Payton to be that guy is a bad idea. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic