Giolito's wife files for divorce

caulfield12

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mlb-star-lucas-giolito-wife-230232229.html

She might have wanted to wait for that offseason $150-160 millionish FA deal? 

Hard to imagine he wouldn't want to get back to the West Coast and closer to his family again.

White Sox players like Rodon Clevinger Kopech TA7 and now Giolito with some pretty high profile twists and turns...

“I’m going to enjoy this break,” Giolito told MLB.com following his final game. Adding, he’ll “Get away from the game a little bit, and then whatever happens, happens. I made it clear I want to be here.” Rumors of a possible trade have been reported, with the pitcher saying, he will “Focus on having a consistent daily routine. I can look at what writers are saying, I can look at what fans are saying away from the field. But when it comes time to go to work, I go to work and block out everything else. When it’s time to pitch, I expect myself to perform at a very high level.”

https://theblast.com/510671/mlb-lucas-giolito-wife-files-for-divorce-during-all-star-week-home-run-derby/

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mlb-star-lucas-giolito-wife-230232229.html

She might have wanted to wait for that offseason $150-160 millionish FA deal? 

Hard to imagine he wouldn't want to get back to the West Coast and closer to his family again.

White Sox players like Rodon Clevinger Kopech TA7 and now Giolito with some pretty high profile twists and turns...

What happened with Rodon?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Try to mind your own business folks. 

Meanwhile, I hope Gio and Cease return to the Sox as our 1 and 2 pitchers with the big contracts they deserve.

They are both going to good for several more years.

Giolito has three starts left with the Sox.  Cease’s days with the Sox were numbered the moment he switched to the Boras.  Enjoy them while they last cause things could get real ugly fast.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Quin said:

Giolito getting a divorce, a deeply personal matter that we shouldn't speculate on.

Some people: "How does this reflect the White Sox organization?"

Athletes, entertainers and public figures are in the public eye. With great money and fame comes the speculation. Is it fair? Eh, what is in life. I'm not going to speculate beyond a shitpost in joke for Sox fans here on the forum but it kinda is the deal you sign up for when you sign that pro contract. Gio, coming from a Hollywood background, surely understands it more than...TA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Try to mind your own business folks. 

Meanwhile, I hope Gio and Cease return to the Sox as our 1 and 2 pitchers with the big contracts they deserve.

They are both going to good for several more years.

I would love to compare this to your comments on Tim Anderson. I bet they're quite different.

This thread is so telling. Tim Anderson has an affair and the board lambasts him non-stop about it. Giolito's wife is leaving him(likely because of infidelity) and it's all "it's his personal life, respect his privacy, blah, blah, blah).

Double standards are awesome.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I would love to compare this to your comments on Tim Anderson. I bet they're quite different.

This thread is so telling. Tim Anderson has an affair and the board lambasts him non-stop about it. Giolito's wife is leaving him(likely because of infidelity) and it's all "it's his personal life, respect his privacy, blah, blah, blah).

Huh? There were plenty of people saying “it’s personal life” about to TA too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Even bigger contrast between Anderson and Clevinger. 

Anderson is doing the right thing, taking care of the child financially, saying he is also a part of his life.

Meanwhile Clevinger allegedly did not pay/withheld child support, was accused of beating the child's mother and spitting tobacco in his child's face, confiscating the child's documents, and engaging in other forms of abuse. People have either said nothing or were adamant "he is innocent based on MLB sham investigated primarily to protect the interests of ownership (do you want to honor the contract, is this case bad PR for the team, etc.)..

• Like 4

9 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

What happened with Rodon?

He likes listing players, and even though Rodons situation was online, it was nothing like the other guys because some asshole called Carlos wife ugly and of course Carlos didn’t like that at all.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Giolito getting a divorce, a deeply personal matter that we shouldn't speculate on.

Some people: "How does this reflect the White Sox organization?"

1) In  the real world that most of us live in the average marriage lasts 10 years. 2) In the world of entertainment, (Movie and Tv stars and athletes) the average marriage lasts 5 years. 3) I read a few years ago that 85% of MLB players get divorced. 4)  Its not our business if Giolito gets divorced. 5)  To say his divorce  reflects on the White Sox organization is simply crazy.

8 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Athletes, entertainers and public figures are in the public eye. With great money and fame comes the speculation. Is it fair? Eh, what is in life. I'm not going to speculate beyond a shitpost in joke for Sox fans here on the forum but it kinda is the deal you sign up for when you sign that pro contract. Gio, coming from a Hollywood background, surely understands it more than...TA.

I never heard anybody complaining when Giolito got good press for doing some charitable work.  Where was the privacy crowd when the news was good news?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

1) In  the real world that most of us live in the average marriage lasts 10 years. 2) In the world of entertainment, (Movie and Tv stars and athletes) the average marriage lasts 5 years. 3) I read a few years ago that 85% of MLB players get divorced. 4)  Its not our business if Giolito gets divorced. 5)  To say his divorce  reflects on the White Sox organization is simply crazy.

3) Citation needed

4) Then it’s not our business when any of these guys do charitable work around the city.  Either it’s private or it’s not.  They don’t get to accept the praise and have the bad swept under the rug.

5) This is not in a vacuum.  There is something broken with this organization.

Edit: For the record I don’t give a rats rear end what happens in Giolito’s life or how many chicks Anderson knocks up or any of that nonsense.  But consistency is a thing and if they are going to accept the praise then they can’t avoid the criticism.  Also I can’t stand when holier than thou people say “it’s none of our business!!!” In one breath and in another talk about what great guys we have because of their work in the charitable communities.  It’s nauseating.

Edited by FloydBannister1983